what was the longest you have ever stayed awake?

You can stay awake for a while, but after a few days bad things start to happen. I have no reason to take Zhare at his word.

I think I stayed up around 90 hours one summer, when I experimented to see how long i could stay up. Lots of soda was drunk, and sugary snacks eaten.

I’ve stayed up around 40 hours straight a few different times for various reasons. It is not fun. Sleep is very important to both physical and mental health.

Plus, if I don’t get at least 6 hours sleep per night, I’m a complete asshole to everyone.

Straight probably about 28 hours. There a ton of times, especially, during school and such where I will just spread out mini hour-long naps where I’ll get very little sleep for a stretch of days, but it’s not a continous stretch of staying awake. I try to avoid that because it’s pointless. I don’t have much insomnia though. I know some don’t really have that choice.

I can believe Eden since it was insomnia, but actually staying up for two entire weeks for every hour can’t be possible and anyone even attempting 20 days would probably die.

The max I’ve gone is almost two full days without sleep. Yeah, I know it’s not much, but I stayed up all night replaying FF6 and I wasn’t tired. I could barely stay awake at my SAT class next morning though (thank you, Red Bull). Following night I went to sleep early and woke up at about six in the morning, it felt great.

48 hours I think.

From the hrs of 6am Saturday till 1 am Monday. Several times actually did that last semester, like any time we win a football game.

I’ve stayed up about two days.

I can’t be sure of the correct number, but I’ve stayed awake for appoximately 20 hours to pull my first all-nighter in my college carreer to write a paper that was due the next morning. The wierd thing is that it took me about nine hours from start to finish to do a twelve page paper. I got a B on it, so I was happy. It was filled with tons of typos and incorrect citation, which totally isn’t me, but it passed.

Three weeks forty-seven days, nine minutes.

28 days 6 hours 42 minutes 12 seconds.

I couldn’t resist :open_mouth:

About 30 hours.

I’ve never slept.

The longest was about 33 hours. I stayed up all night playing counter-strike and figured hey what the hell i’ll see how long I can go with this. I got at the 33 hour mark and I just couldn’t take it any longer.

Second longest was around 28 hours. I woke up at 9am, went to metalfest, came back at around 1pm the next day.

A little over a day, and probably because I couldn’t get to sleep.

There’s no way I’d want to do that now - I don’t get nearly enough sleep during the week.

Three days. I started seeing shit. Insomnia.

Okay, donnie.

I’ve never actually stayed up for a complete 24 hours, about 22 is the max i’ve done. I really like to sleep, but I also like to stay up late because I like to work on my computer at night… such a predicament.

Haha good job :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Was waiting for someone to spot the oh so clear reference.

about 48 hours…i was hangin out with a friend and we started playin halo2 on xbox live…couldn’t stop for hours. only real breaks were to eat.