What the hell were they thinking?!?

Originally said by Tenchimaru_Draconis
[22:49] Tenchimaru_Draconis If I was wearing any pants, I would be scared

wow… all this and Sinistral hasn’t replied yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
[b]Okay, that would work too. Of course, if a single class is used by single character, it usually means a stereotyped character…

(ME FIGHTER! ME HAVE BIG SWORD! ME SAVE HEROINE! mmm… heroine good…)

Of course, I’d like to see more of Square’s crazy weapon designs… Forks, dolls and balls were only the beginning… and I’ve been itching to see one where a character could use more than just a single weapon type (Okay, I know, Zidane used Thief swords and daggers… Eiko/Dagger rods/flutes/rackets… But MORE! AXES!) [/b]

rolls up the sleeve on his arm and begins to…oh, wait, heroine with an e. Heh, nevermind…

I still have a fondnees for Relm’s Paintbrush of DOOM~!, or the the FFT dancers who went into combat armed with viciously sharp persian rugs.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
People’s reasons for disliking FFX are quite valid, however I found the story to be the games main drive. The ending cinema is just beautiful, and a great number of other sequences in the game (the ceremony in Kilika) just leave you with a sense of despair. You can almost feel the pain that the people feel by watching some of the events of the game, and when you get to the Blitzball tournament, the game offers a different type of feeling - helpess joy. Really, this is the best FF to ever manipulate feelings like that, I think.

Sinistral was at school today. Classes started.

I think FFX was an awesome RPG because I go for RPGs for their stories. Though FFX was a little odd in that department, I thought it was original and that FFX had one of the single best ways to develop a story in any game I’ve seen. The whole thing with Jecht and Tidus, the build up to Yunalesca, the crushing irony of life and death and how the ending ties everything in together was really well orchestrated, but that’s nothing more than an opinion.

I don’t have too many issues with console RPGs, hell I’ve beaten 7th Saga, so fighting systems and semi hard bosses aren’t even things I consider when it comes to evaluating an RPG. I just get a feel for it and everything seems to go well. I guess I’m weird like that 8P. If you liked FF8, DS, then that shows a fundamentally different set of tastes from mine since I rather disliked FF8 and found it dull, though playing through it a 2nd time with Astral was slightly more enjoyable. The end was too easy imho, as I gave Yuna double cast 1 mp ultima with break damage limit.

Strange, i must be the only person whom liked all the FFs, save for FF2j (not to be confused with 4). Yes, even 8 and 10. I feel like the only person whom appreciates originality these days :too bad;

Originally posted by Dark Sand
[b].

Plot:

Ok this is the last section. Now I have to admit that there’s like a 3 hour block of game time towards the end that I didn’t seem, but people have told me what I miss so I can safely say that most of the stuff here is fairly accurate.

Now we know that Tidus was only a dream, but if Tidus was a dream then Jecht has to be a dream since they know each other. However we know that Jecht is Sin, but since Jecht is also a dream, then by correlation we can determine that Sin must be a dream. It makes sense, Jecht is a dream and is Sin, and inversely Sin is Jecht and is a dream. So the solution is simple, kill the damn fates and you kill Sin. No need for a messed up mystical journey of self-sacrifice. I found the romance plot between Tidus and Yuna to be weak and uninteresting, nowhere near as good as the one between Squall and Rinoa.

. [/b]

Actually if you visit the tempels again, one of the fayth says:" When Jecht touched Sin, he became real"

He went to the sea and confronted Sin, right? So he touched Sin and was transported to the real world. Sin is the gate to the real world.

Originally posted by Nightblade
[b]Actually if you visit the tempels again, one of the fayth says:" When Jecht touched Sin, he became real"

He went to the sea and confronted Sin, right? So he touched Sin and was transported to the real world. Sin is the gate to the real world. [/b]

Well then- that means there is an inherent flaw:

Tidus touched Sin.

Think about FFX-2

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]Well then- that means there is an inherent flaw:

Tidus touched Sin.

… [/b]

No, Tidus touched Jecht.

Argh, it makes no sense.

Well, they DID touch sin. Think about the last fight in the game. You’re inside of Sin. HE TOUCHED SIN :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m starting to feel molested or something.

Well yeah. Everyone touches sin ;D

But why does it have to be all guys though?

There, there, Sin- can you show me where Jecht touched you on the doll?

Originally posted by Cybercompost
There, there, Sin- can you show me where Jecht touched you on the doll?

LMAO!

That just made my day.

… molesting fest! touches Sin <.<

Anyway. I loved FFX, for reasons other people have stated… It had a very moving and intricate plot… And that’s always been the main thing I’ve looked for in a game. I’m playing Xenosaga right now, and if it didn’t hook me as much as it does, I would’ve torn my hair out and quit a long time ago… since alot of the bosses are just… well, insane. Oh, and I liked the sphere grid AND the battle system AND the minigames AND the music (listen to To Zanakand or The Sight of Spira or Suteki da ne, for example)… And I found the romance between Tidus and Yuna to be much stronger than the one between Squall and Rinoa (I don’t even think there’s a comparison o_O) since you really come to care for the characters in FFX… I cared about everyone in FF8 too, I guess, but definitely not as much.

The characters were underdeveloped in FF8, apart from Seifer, Squall and partially Rinoa. The rest were rather flat. The music, much like the way the story progressed, was either really good or atrociously bad (very little in between) and its Draw system was tedious as all hell, esp if you’re one of those people that doesn’t want to miss out on something the first time it presents itself (making it so I actually spend more time in the long run on crap bosses from FF8 than on the super bosses from Xenosaga - which has the nasty problem of being tedious probably because of its lack of music, battle pace and the mindlessness of what it is you do when you have to do something).

As for FFX, the sphere system was unbalanced not because you could royally fuck up your chars if you were a moron but because you could seriously god-mode through a fat chunk of the game by doing what I did: Yuna (who btw is more powerful than Lulu) with double cast 1 mp ultima break damage limit, just rapes. I planned ahead and didn’t have any problems. Took me a whole 5 minutes.

People need to give credit for FFX’s battle system for 1 thing though: it encouraged you to use multiple characters, you don’t see that very often and most people run through games using only a fraction of the people, not really seeing the potential advantages someone might bring to a fight (like Wakka’s status effects - I rarely ever use characters like that myself).

In FFX, the characters were all at least somewhat developped. You had the thing where Wakka was the religious nut and you could see the psychological behind what made him who he is (social circumstances- what he was brought up as, and how his bro died and how he and Lulu used to be together). Lulu’s not that developed, but she can pair with Wakka. Auron’s got a nice history himself thanks to Jecht and towards the end, you actually see some pretty neat stuff as you discover what he really is. Rikku’s kind of the annoying sidekick, but she does play an active role since she is the link to the Al Behd. Though the concept of religion being used politically and all that crap isn’t that original (and Seymour’s power thing), I think it was originally applied into the theme of death that permeates through Spira.

I wasn’t that big a fan of FFX’s music since I would’ve liked the battle music to have been better, particularly boss fights, but most of the other themes were pretty well done and fit the decor nicely. Particularly “Suteki da ne” , “isn’t it wonderful”, which plays during the ending and only makes you think “whoa” when you think that it kinda found itself everywhere throughout the game, enhancing the bitter irony that the game practically swims in.

Actually, liked FFX’s regular battle music. It stayed true to it’s roots from way back when, while at the same time employing the new sound system technology of today (or a few years back…). And I only heard so much of the soundtrack, but from what I’ve heard, it’s pretty nice. The opening piano piece “Zanarkand” or whatever, it’s a pretty nice arrangement to do on piano, especially in the key it’s in.

Other than that, I have no real reason to suffer through FFX. I finally saw the game in action a couple of days ago, and I must agree it is all that is rancid poo in the FF world. 'cept the music. There isn’t a FF soundtrack I don’t like. (FF9 is my fav second being FF5)

This thread is wridden with spoilers.

Originally posted by Shinobi
This thread is wridden with spoilers.

I think Dark Paladin mentioned that at the beginning…