What the hell happened to you, Namco?

Maybe I was tainted by that terrible Robin Williams movie, but I’ve just never liked Popeye. I think it was that they used to interject it in the middle of an hour of Looney Tunes, which were clearly much funnier. Thus, it’d be funny, funny, funny, Popeye, funny.

Popeye < All non-disney, non-WB animation.

By a lot.

Could it be that somebody whose avatar and signature are plastered with a cute anime chica is actually saying that Popeye is better than all anime?

Not necessarily, Hiryuu. All that merely says is that Popeye isn’t as good as WB or Disney cartoons. It makes no mention of other animation series.

D’oh, I accidentally read that as a greater than sign, instead of a less than sign for some reason.

But still, what he’s saying that non-Disney and non-WB animation is better than Popeye, and that does include Anime. If he was saying that Popeye wasn’t as good as WB or Disney animation, he would say “Popeye < All Disney or WB Animation”. As an aside, if he said “Popeye < All Disney and WB animation”, we’d be looking at the intersection, rather than union, or Disney and WB, so he would only be referring to examples of animation that are both Disney AND WB (Who Framed Roger Rabbit perhaps?)

In fact, the only animation that that statement DOESN’T include is Disney and WB animation. (If we consider all animation to be the relevant set, which we should, by saying “all non-Disney and non-WB”, we are examining only the intersection of everything that’s not Disney and not WB, leaving us with a subset consisting of all animation EXCEPT Disney and WB)

Also, Popeye, logically, is included in both sides of the inequality, since Popeye would be considered part of the “non-Disney, non-WB” subset. Does that mean that Popeye is therefore less than Popeye? A logical fallacy for sure.

Or maybe I’m just thinking too hard. I dunno.

Ironically, that’s the exact same thing I thought when I saw that post… anyway…

I personally prefer Looney Tunes/WB when looking at American, kid-friendly, humor-oriented animation. Not to say that other companies haven’t done well, but WB has been consistantly good (Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, etc). If you consider Popeye to be an action-oriented animation, then it’s still been outdone by WB through their DC licences, like Batman. Disney’s only real saving grace is their feature films, and even those aren’t going to be animated anymore… ;_;

Damn straight WB is good.

points at avatar

also points at name banner on Hiryuu-built shrines

Recently they aren’t that hot though, but I admit your avatar is damn badass in a depressing way.

Domino’s, Papa Johns, Pizza Hutt, they are all bad.

Yeah, I was going to say “Popeye < Anime” but there are a number of american and other cartoons that I enjoy more than that, so I tried to expand it.

Anyway, Popeye isn’t my favorite, not by a long shot, and there’s little that I consider to be more boring. Actually WB isn’t all bad. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was pretty good.

Regardless, Popeye sucks, IMO, and that’s what I wanted to say.

Popeye? Namco? What the f u c k ? Sorry but I had to get that outta my chest.