What the everloving hell?

Also, it’s easier to belittle people than to come up with a rational argument, and neither is likely to convert the other person, so what do you have to lose?

For once, I feel like I should do something. This is horrible. If you want a religeon, good for you. It does not matter what kind at all. So until they tell us more about it, as a game, it is a no. As a religeous meshing of politically controlled media, no. It is way to close with messing with the constitution.

Huh? Why is releasing an evangelical game against the constitution? You can just… well, you know, not buy it.

Seperation of church and state was mentioned in the article. Politics (via ESRB and econemy) are directly tied to videogames. When you put religous propeganda in a game, it is CLOSE ^ to messing with the constitution.

no harm no foul.

g’night. not to be dismissive

What? That doesn’t even make any sense.

That is seriously horrible reasoning. Really. The video game is a privately released venture without government funding. The only laws that apply to it are the general ones under Commerce clause and the obscenity interpretation of the First Amendment (which I don’t like). Since the government does not have any hand in developing, manufacturing, or supplying the game, it can have as much religious content as it wants.

Here’s a fun fact: didja know that the Free Exercise Clause has been applied to grant religious institutions tax-free zones (if by Court or Congress, I do not know)? The power to tax is the power to destroy and all that jazz. Also, there have been interpretations allowing for the ritual sacrifice of animals for religious purposes.

Guess what this game would fall under? Well surprise, surprise. The free exercise thereof. Since the government doesn’t have its hands in it, there is no “respecting an establishment of religion.” Therefore, banning the game would be prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

If one were to ban the game because it is somehow meshing religion with politically controlled media (it’s not, you’re wrong) then there should also be a ban on religious music, movies, television show, and books. All can be interpreted as “meshing religion with politically controlled media” in some way (the wrong way). If you want to complain about meshing religion with politically controlled media, I say you go stand outside your local library and protest the fact that it supplies the Bible, Q’uran, the Vedas, the Book of Mormon, Greek mythology, and every other little book that’s somehow related to religion. They’re storing religious texts and allowing people to read them for free! On the taxpayer’s money!

Or you could just realize that the government has none and should have no role in this game. Then you toddle off and don’t buy it because you don’t like its concept. That would work even better and requries a whole lot less effort.