What Nintendo condemns, Sony supports!

Heh, pretty funny.

Heh. I kinda like the idea.

Where are the nintendo condoms?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Originally posted by Charlemagne
Where are the nintendo condoms?

Sorry, I left them in my tight jean pants wallet.

As for the article, it’s not like they support them they are just hiring them

You fool, keeping nintendo condoms in your wallet makes them prone to breaking.

Originally posted by Gamer5389
[b]Sorry, I left them in my tight jean pants wallet.

As for the article, it’s not like they support them they are just hiring them [/b]

You don’t considering hiring them a way of supporting them?

Not really, they just want to make sure(most likely)that the PS3 supports all the PS and PS2 games and emulator programers seem best suited for the job.

I still believe Nintendo shoudl support emulation fto a certain extent by allowing you to hook your GC to a network and allowing you to play NES. SNES, and N64 games. AT LEAST.

Nintendo condoms are the only ones i use :smiley:

Bah, you guys have such a narrow view of emulation, and using emulation as a method of running old software on new machines is something older than the vast majority of the people here (myself included). IBM came up with it in the 70’s, and there is lots of emulation outside of just emulating video game systems. While it is most likely that Sony is trying to support older playstations through emulation, they might also be trying to do something innovative with a virtual machine of some sort (basically emulating a machine that doesn’t really exist, this is the basis of the Java programming language and Microsoft’s .Net stuff).

Or maybe Sony just wants good programmers… and people that figure out how to make good emulators just happen to have m4d sk1llz, y0.

Though if they were in fact endorsing console emulation… yay!

Sounds great to me. I really like the idea of backwards compatibility. There are lots of PS1 games I still play on my PS2. Maybe Sony’s planning on asking others (Sega, Nintendo, etc.) for the right to emulate their games on the PS3?

There is no way nintendo or anyone else would say yes to that.

Sure, spoil my dream why don’t you? :hahaha;

I don’t mean new games either. I meant like the ones for the systems SS mentioned. I mean it would be so cool to have one machine that can play all those old cool games. You have to admit, it would be nice.