What is everyone reading?

Just picked up my copy of Terry Pratchett’s newest masterpiece, Thud. Am currently halfway through it. 'Tis awesome.

Roots. Still, after more than six months. I guess I’m not good with time management.

I’ve been reading “Lords Of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground” by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind. I have been reading it for a while, I’m just a really slow reader. Well I can read fast when I’m bored but lately I haven’t had much time for pleasure reading. It’s a good book though, it’s all about the Black Metal scene in Europe; to be more specific, the scene in Scandinavia.

Other than that, I’ve been reading my text books. ooh la la!

I picked up the first 6 books in the Wheel of Time series, i’ve been reading the first. Good stuff, so far.

I’ve actually been reading more books than magazines lately. I’ve just finished the first three Artemis Fowl books (yes, I know, “young adult” material, but it’s quick and fun). I also read Eragon by Christopher Paolini, who I read about in Time’s fall preview - a bit predictable, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

I’m on the waitling list to check out some more books, so in the meantime I’m reading articles on Wikipedia (thanks for the Cthulhu mythos link!).

I sort of miss reading class materials, though. sniffle

Mmm, books.

I’m reading “The Sheep Look Up” by John Brunner, and “334” by Thomas M. Disch, although Brunner’s “Stand on Zanzibar” and Disch’s “Camp Concentration” are far better. I’d definitly recommend Stand on Zanzibar or anything by Steven Brust and Neil Stephenson to anyone :o.

As far as nonfiction goes, I’m a bit of an ebook whore and am reading books regarding cryptography, cryptanalysis, assembly language, general computer science, algorithm optimization, algorithms concerning parallel computing, artificial intelligence systems, circuit design, and neurology.

The Dark Tower series (Stephen King), various John Grisham novels (The Pelican Brief and Painted House), and the most recent Harry Potter book. Re-reading all of them, actually. Looking for new material.

I’m currently reading “The Art of Loving” by Erich Fromm, after which I plan on reading “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho.

Because of school:
Facundo: Civilización y Barbarie (Facundo: Civilization and Barbarism)
Martín Fierro

Because I want to:
Murder on the Orient Express (Already finished)
I, Claudius (Also finished)

My textbooks
The Da Vinci Code (Never had a chance to read it when it came out) by Dan Brown
Confessions of a Yakuza by Funichi Saga
A History of Knowledge by Charles Van Doren (yeah, the guy from Quiz Show)

The Divine Comedy. I’ve finished Hell and I’m going to move onto Purgatory and Heaven after I finish off the Scarlet Letter, after which I’m going to move on again, to The Prince.

Thomas Calculus Revised 10th edition.
An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming with Java 4th edition by C. Thomas Wu
the Java API specification
Full Metal Alchemist
Bleach

Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Nietzsche (yes, still)
Nikomachische Ethik - Aristotle (a bitch to read x_x)
The Critique of Practical Reason- Immanuel Kant.
Waiting for Godot- Samuel Beckett

Those, voluntarily. Omgwtf knowledge. Add to that, a few greek tragedies and german literature for school. Oh yeah, and french/ francophone literature. Oh, and shakespeare. And some more stuff but I wont need to list that. Mmyep. So much to read, so little time.

<i>The Faustian Bargain</i> isn’t actually in the curriculum, it’s for my term paper for the class “The World Wars and the Great Dictators.” I’m planning for the paper to be on the role of classical philology in the creation of the Nazi society, but the final topic will be on whatever the reading brings out. Thanks (you too<strike>k</strike>, SK) for more references to look into.

I always wanted to read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. How is it?

I’ve read a little David Sedaris. I thought it was good. Not exactly my style. I know that your avatar is David Sedaris’ sister though.

Currently I’m reading “Deception Point” by Dan Brown and “The Name of the Rose” by Umberto Eco.

*Clap, clap, clap.

Bonjour. Comment ça va? Voulez-vous… a ha.

I am reading this:

Video game vixens return to Playboy
Digital heroines shed their virtual clothes for the second year running.
http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/08/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm?section=money_commentary

stupid textbooks about complex economic shit, and spanish but I still suck at spanish
and song lyrics from whatever i’m listening at some point in time

Have been reading it for months now. Mainly because I’m taking 78845 notes and read it over and over again. Time consuming, but much in- depth reading!