What has everyone been watching this year?

You saw the end of RahXephon? Can you describe the series without spoiling anything? I always wanted to watch it but a lot of people say it loses it’s way halfway through.

Too bad the only person that’s around to place and lift such a ban is me. And when we do those kinds of bans, we leave them there.

You need to stop spamming the forums Basara because that will result in an involuntary ban. I don’t care and the rest of the mod staff doesn’t care about your self-justification of your (un)original and superficial opinions.

How are my opinions unoriginal and superficial? Nobody backed me up when I said Gundam was better than Eva

You see, I am a true anime and rpg expert. Without me, there is no board

And I do not spam. In order to be spam, it has to be completely pointless, like “I like cheese” or “gajkldjfkljaldkjaklseruioarjaldfkj”. Every post i make has a point

And how the hell am I supposed to tell you’re a mod, with your custom title and everything. I thought you were a regular user

I’ve been an admin on the site almost since I joined in 99. You can see who are mods and admins in the list that’s available if you look around a little bit.

If you even read the posts people make, you would’ve noticed I hated eva and liked gundam seed.

Pierson, do me a favor and explain to him what is wrong with his posting habits. I have an exam coming up.

Congratulations, you just said one of the stupidest things I’ve read on this board. And hell, I was here during the ToB era.

True. However, those points are invariably stupid and ignore what everyone else is saying. You are not a spammer, just a really annoying poster who nobody likes. Does that make you feel better about yourself?

By the way, since you don’t take the trouble to think before posting, I doubt you’ll take the trouble to look for the list Sin mentioned. Click me.

I’ve only really gotten into anime in the past year, and I’ve been doing the best I can to make up for it though and trying to watch any anime possible. But since my computer sucks and I don’t get too many channels that show anime, I end up buying alot mostly. anyway

.hack//sign : I enjoyed this alot. I love the fairly deep and interesting plot, the more seriousness of the anime, the character relations, and the action, which appears not too commonly but is fairly good when it does appear.

.hack//legend o’ the twilight: I was less than satisfied with this. The plot seems fairly bland overall, and most fighting scenes are short lived and realized, often ending with the “Data Drain.” Also, I didn’t really understand the motivation for the villains.

Trigun: While I’m unfortunately missing three episodes of this (first anime I bought and I have learned never to buy volumes) I’ve absolutely and completely enjoyed this. A perfect blend of action and comedy and all that. awesomeness

The vision of Escaflowne: I enjoyed this, even if the plot is very strange.

Outlaw star: I only got this th other day, but from what I’ve watched so far, looks very good. Nice space action adventure stuff.

Movies: Spirited Away, Laputa (Castle in the Sky), Kiki’s delivery service, Nausicaa, Porco Roso, Steamboy

Watching on TV: Naruto, Witch Hunter Robin, Ghost in the Shell stand alone Complex

Does that make you feel better about yourself?

Yeah

This is an example of exactly what you need to stop doing if you don’t want us to take punitive action. You make bullshit ocmments, people shoot you down and you just dig yourself in further, thus the spam.

It’s a one liner

Anime finished:
Full Metal Alchemist - Loved it
Gundam SEED - Really loved it
Gundam SEED Destiny - Same as others
One Piece - Saw it once on Toonami and 4Kids fucking GUTTED it.

Anime watching:
Naruto - Not bad, pretty enjoyable so far.

Read over that, and then think about why you’re so disliked here.

That’s spam. Just because you don’t think it’s spam doesn’t mean it isn’t. See, it i ointless.

A one liner or a one sentence answer may or may not be useful depending on the purpose and meaning of what is said and the context in which it is said. Guess where a lot of your posting falls.

Doesn’t having brief, one line posts make you the silent type? But a silent person woudln’t socialize at a board

But the people in the chat room act all unfriendly and antisocial. What the hell would an antisocial person be doing in a chat room?

It’s not my fault I get shot down. People are assholes

I wanna take a break from this board so it would be cool if I can just get locked out for awhile, because I cant control myself on this board. It’s a nice, clean 500 posts, so now’s a good time

So I guess telling Kairi to go away because nobody knows her is not assholish.

Here’s a novelty idea.

Leave. On your own.

Seriously. If we really have to BAN you to keep you away from this forum and you can’t control yourself you should seek professional help. Honestly man - take RPGClassics off your favorites list or just unplug your Internet if you need to. To my knowledge we don’t ban people just because they can’t get over an obsession with the forum. Well if you think we’re such assholes and you’re happy about having 500 posts…leave the forum.

Finished:
Zeta Gundam
Patlabor Movie 1 & 2
A lot of Lupin the Third movies

Watching:
V Gundam

Sin: If you’ve got the tiem, you should check out Zeta.

People aren’t assholes for shooting you down when you make blatantly idiotic comments like the one you directed at Kairi. People aren’t assholes for being able to outdebate you in a civil manner when you can’t acknowledge you aren’t right after saying, for example, blatantly inaccurate generalizations and derogatory and unsupported statements.

PLEASE grant him his wish to be banned.

Yeah I saw the end. It gets a little freaky. Um, let’s see, how to describe it without giving anything away… I guess I’d say it’s like Evangelion, but with characters that aren’t whiny, annoying, and emotionless, so you really like them. And no Christianty-metaphor stuff. It seems to be replaced by musical-metaphor stuff.

Has anyone else seen it? And if so, could they explain about the windshield wipers? I didn’t get why they would swoosh while the doctor’s assistant chick was sitting in the car alone.

In my first post, I forgot to include my second favoritest anime, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase. I’ve seen through episode 22, and my friend has the last 4. I’m sad that it’s over. :frowning: Best opening theme music ever.

Double Zeta really shouldn’t be placed in the Canon, at all. Like Pie said, it’s really silly. Personally, I think it’s one of the most fun to watch, and it has a literally massive array of MS, if you’re into that kind of thing, but it doesn’t really have anything like ‘characterization’ or much of a ‘storyline.’ In the first Episode, Noah Bright defends his ship by throwing oranges. Yeah. So, generally, if you try and take it seriously, rather than as a surprisingly campy spin-off, you’ll hate it.
Pie has basically summed up 08th MS Team.
Victory Gundam is a pile of plotless shit. If you like random fight scenes with no discernable reason behind them, go for it.

Like Wil I’ll post my opinions of the cartoons I watched a lot this year.

Yugioh’s a bit dull. It always does the OMG I’m screwed! Oh Wait, by pulling this card out of my ass I can win!

I found the first two seasons of Ren and Stimpy at Target so I’m going to talk about it. It’s as vile and disgusting as I remembered it. Very funny.

I hate Code Lyoko’s artistic style, but I love the song with the piano that plays when bad stuff is just starting. The things that Xana (sp?) does to get them in each episode are very unique and interesting. Season two is going way downhill from what I’ve seen.

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy is so funny. One of the best newer cartoons out there. Grim is hilarious.

The girl jokes in Totally Spies are lame, but the action is good. The music is some of the best I’ve heard in any cartoon series and the gadgets and individual plots are interesting.

I love every character in Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends except for Blue. The imaginary friends are lovable and I love Madam Foster’s design.

Oh, I keep remembering shows when someone else mentions them!

GitS Stand Alone Complex - totally sweet. Both somewhat cerebral and action-packed.

Escaflowne - the TV series was great (<3 Allen! :D~), especially in regard to the music. The movie… um, let’s not talk about that any more, unless we talk about Allen and how great he is.

OFX - how is One Piece supposed to be? Since I’ve never seen it anywhere other than Toonami and haven’t read the manga, I’m clueless. About all I know for sure is that Sanji’s “lollipop” should have some smoke coming off the end. :smiley: