What game series do you think is due for an rpg instalment?

Firebrand needs to return, even if he did cameo in SvC Chaos as the Red Blaze, he needs his own game of ownage once more.

THE RED BLAZE SOARS THE SKIES ONCE MORE! cues death metal

If they ever make some sort of Capcom MMORPG in the Ghouls and Ghost settings, I wanna play a Red Blaze. :too bad:

Heh, interestingly, it took the GM of the SR campaign I’m in several months to get enough people interested, and theres only me and 3 others here!

Despite this, its easily the best campaign of any P+P RPG I’ve ever played before (but then again, only one of the campaigns before this one was even palettable)

Pac-man. cough

If they ever make some sort of Capcom MMORPG in the Ghouls and Ghost settings, I wanna play a Red Blaze.

I remember hearing rumors about the making of just that,but that was months ago so i guess they dropped it.

And yes Firebrand must return.

Maybe mortal kombat, but with as many characters as it has, it make have to be a more suikoden style rpg.

Discworld & Monkey Island.

I don’t know how it would work, but Soul Calibur!

*Spazcat’s head explodes at mention of Shadowrun!

I’ve played Shadowrun before but I played it with an ST who was hell bent on getting all of the PC’s killed no matter what the cost nor the reason so I got disgusted with him and left the game.

Uhh, probly final fantasy

Hmm…a series that would be in desperate need of an RPG installment.

I can’t say Virtua Fighter, as there’s one in developement (Don’t believe me? Check out Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation : Judgment Six No Yabou)

I can rule out anything Kunio-Kun related, as Shin Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun and Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari are considered RPGs…

A Street Fighter RPG wouldn’t work unless they set it inbetween Street Fighter 2 and 3, which would close the gap between those two games and finally explained what the fuck happened.

Then again, I’d rather have a Street Fighter Beta to a Street Fighter RPG (Beta’s role = Alpha’s role, meaning, a bridge between two SFs, Alpha was for 1 and 2, and Beta would be for 2 and 3)

So, with that out of the question, considering that both Samurai Shodown and King of Fighters had their RPG…

What needs an RPG?

The Metal Combat series need any sort of game. Remember those Super Scope games? Yeah, the ones with giant robots? Those were bad-ass, and any representaiton of those games in anything would be cool, just remove the light gun aspect and build an action-RPG with the STs and you’ve got yourself a solid game.

All big robot games need RPGs.

And they need to make Valkyrie Profile II, kthx.

Kid Icarus springs to mind. They revived Metroid as an FPS, they could revive Kid Icarus as an Action RPG (ala Zelda OoT or Maximo).

Starcraft.

That would be interesting… play as a zealot, get killed somewhere along the way and get turned into a dragoon. I can see potential there. Then again Blizzard could probably stuff a turd into a box labeled “New Starcraft Game” and it would sell tens of millions of copies.

Guilty Gear and Onimusha! :D:D:D:D

A GG RPG? Unless it was Ninja President, I don’t think it’d work :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, Bubble Bobble!
And The Longest Journey.

It does have a deep story, and really cool characters. (Faust :D)

There is an Onimusha TRPG in the Game Boy Advance,but i heard it sucks.

And a creator whom is suspected to want one of his characters sexually (Research shows that supposedly Ishiwatari Daisuke wants Ky Kiske hard and fast).

It would, but at the same time, it’d be overlooked and a bit much, it depends on who you want to center it. A Faust RPG which completely goes through his storyline would be fun, as Ishiwatari Daisuke wouldn’t need to be concerned with whether anything’s possible or not, nor any sort of actual plot. Fuck, it’s Faust, anything can, and WILL happen with Faust.

Especially scalpel sodomies.