What does this site do these days?

YOU OWE US A TOXX CLAUSE STORY ABOUT A HALFWAY HOUSE AND HOOKERS

scratches head so we’re all here, then… what do we do now?

Obviously we dance.

We muster the local forces and prepare to fight.

At last, the gathering.

@CH: yeah… @_@

Hey CH!

I know I never got around to making a shrine, but I’ve always been around too. I would be willing to offer help possible should a site update come to pass.

Yes, yes…the gathering…

As long as this doesn’t have anything to do with a place called Zeist or the Source, I’m in.

What about Richie Ryan? Can there still be a Richie Ryan? I think I would fit that role quite well. Wilfredo gets to be Joe. Duncan gets to be 984. Sin can be Methos. You guys can figure out the rest.

Deep. Does anyone want to start a genteel flame war type thread?

I can’t believe my old login name still works. The internet seems old.

Does this place have funding from the Canadian Internet Board or anything like that yet? Like the forts in Quebec?

Well, consider this: Shakespeare was bourgeois trash and your literary taste is for homo buttburglers.

Seeing as everyone is here, from some kind of mysterious force…

Sup.

Though my mysterious force is totally Zep’s fault.

Shakespeare didn’t write anything. The film Anonymous says so, and Hollywood would never lie to me about historical accuracy.

Kurgan!

Considering that there actually was an Apollo 18 mission you might be on to something (granted it didn’t so much involve moon monsters or even the moon itself so much as shaking hands in space with some Cosmonauts in a show of peace but it happened none the less).

Though the newest Three Musketeers film is downright nonsensical even when ignoring the steampunk nonsense given the fact that apparently the 4th Musketeer was apparently a woman which is funny when you consider both the fact that a) the musketeer was considered a position of honor and power and b) the last time a woman held a position of power within that period of France’s history it did not end well for the woman.

Mais, the events of the novel occur before Marie Antoinette (whom I presume you refer to) was a glimmer in her father’s eye. If I recall, the periode is that of Louis 13 and Richelieu. That said, it seems no woman has ever faired well in french history, not political figures at any rate… They are of great beauty, however.

Has anyone ever read the novel? Probably we could all do well if the only novels we read were Dumas’s. But no one does.

Not too many people faired well in history, by the end of things.

Anyway, the real question is if anybody read the second one, like, ever.

I was aiming closer towards Joan of Arc rather than Marie Antoinette (but then again the Hundred Years War is also not of the same time period as when Mais was running around compiling stories and tales from a bunch of veteran Musketeers to write the Three Musketeers); although Antoinette does bookend that period fairly well.

Nevermind the logistics of flipping out and pulling off stunts while wearing a 20+ pound costume involving hoop skirts and high heels.