What do you think of Megaman Zero?

I’m trying to redo all the PSX X games using X (redundant, I know) and while they were a lot easier with Zero, it only took a little practice to get the hang of it. In X4, I killed Sigma’s first two forms without taking damage and once I learnt how to avoid the colored heads and force the “face” to always do the blowing attack, I managed to take down the last two forms without using any sub-tanks (Although I was almost dead).

So, no, he’s not impossible at all. I still say the X3 Sigma was the hardest but I love that feeling of “I did it!” you get when you beat the impossible bosses.

Necro and double post, I know, but I wanted to add a little piece of info that someone (Izlude) may be glad to hear: Scarface Greendude in Zero IV is called Kraft (Jap name, might change in the translation). So relax, Axl is still nowhere in sight.

Actually, I found X3 Sigma to be the easiest. He has no invulnerability time, so you can spam fireballs on him pretty easily. Also, once you figure out how to dodge his TWO attacks, you really have it down. Actually, I think that X1 Sigma was the hardest. Just like in X3, you can only get hit twice, except that you have to do a fully charged shot to harm him, and it only takes off one frickin’ line of life. :open_mouth: Now THAT’S tough.

Beating him wasn’t the problem, it was the going upwards escaping from the lava/holo head that got me (X3 was the first MM game I played and I was still crappy at jumping).

THANK GOD (or whomever is in charge of keeping Axl’s shit-ass out of good megaman games)

I think that the reason I haven’t beat Sigma in X4 is because it takes so long to refill all subtanks, which really slows fighting him and makes it less fun. I little problem with X1 Sigma though. His pattern was enough to learn and I could keep fighting him easily.

To fill the Subtanks in X4 I went to the snow stage (The one with the giant walrus, the name eludes me right now).

Right from the start climb the wall to your left, dash jump to the right, climb up and travel trough the top. There’s three enemies and about six medium energy capsules as well as an extra life. Exit the stage, re-enter and repeat three more times. That’s enough to fill them up.

Yeah, I know, but that still takes too long. You have to enter the stage several times just for one shot at Sigma. In Mega Man X, you can just stay in one spot right before Sigma and fill them up easily. What’s worse is that it doesn’t even save your filling up so that you can’t even reload your save file. I know what to do, it just takes longer than I’d like. I don’t like having to spend several minutes filling up my subtanks just because I made a mistake in the Sigma battle.

I really like the games, but they’re all just…too hard. Honestly, I gave MMZ2 hours upon hours of my time, and I only beat one level.

Heh… I’ve never had any problems with X games… I really should try MMZ out. I don’t understand how it could be so difficult.

Most of the levels require a lot of precision to finish. I remember a level or 2 that required you to time jumps to moving objects off screen. Most of the time the levels are what kill you, not the bosses.

Or the levels leave you so weak and beaten that the boss doesn’t have to do much to beat you.

I usually advice to play it easy the first time, using Cyber Elves and not caring for the rank. That way you know the way around for when you take the impossible task to get A/S Rank in everything with all EX Skills and stuff. It took me a loooong time to do it, especially in Zero II where you also have to be careful with what you use in order to get all the different modes.

Yeah, the X games are easy as pie. The Zero games…they’re just manaical.

Are the dash, jump, and fire buttons all easily pressable at the same time? Or do you have to bend your hand backwards and so on? The idea of it being on a gameboy… is pretty meh.

yes. jump and shoot are mapped to the face buttons and dash is on the left shoulder button. right shoulder button is used for an alternate weapon, and defaults to this really annoying hold r hit fire to use it mode.

Ah c’mon, it’s just a matter of going to the configuration screen and setting the alternate weapon option to just one button.

I know that, I was just mentioning that the default sucks horse cock.