What do you think of Bobby Flay's Showdown tv show?

Have you seen this shit? I can’t even imagine this. This arrogant prick going around finding people that are known for making a really good specific food item (meatballs, apple pie, etc) they often have spent decades learning to master how to make something really special. And they have great pride in their work. And then bobby flay comes into town, thinking he has this natural culinary talent and he can beat whoever whenever. But he knows about the people he is going to showdown with like weeks in advance and even has people teaching how to make the food. I saw this episode about a chocolatier from denmark he came to america to open this chocolate shop and has spent 20 years learning to master chocolate making. Bobby flay learns about this. He finds the top Chocolatiers from some fancy cooking school. And learns from them for a week before going to this guy. He’s such a fucking prick.

Do you remember that episode of Iron Chef when it was bobby flay vs the iron chef (I don’t remember which one he chose to battle) and he got up on the cutting board and “raised the roof” what a fag.

If Bobby Flay is cooking food, chili powder is getting thrown in

BAM!

Haha. I hate Bobby Flay but I love that, on this show, he never wins. Ever.

Bobby Flay could never hold a candle to a true culinary expert like Emeril Lagasse. I could probably cook better than Bobby Flay. I hate that motherfucker. But I think it’s hilarious that he never wins on the show.

He’s won 19 Throwdowns. 19-44-1.

Sounds like the Cincinnati Bengals’ record the last few years…lol. though the numbers don’t quite add up, they have had more losses than wins and they even had a tie last year(dons orange and black paper bag).

I’ve never been a part of a tie. I never even knew that was in the rule book. It’s part of the rules, and we have to go with it. … I never knew in the professional ranks it would end that way. I hate to see what would happen in the Super Bowl and in the playoffs.

You don’t see many ties happen often, but I know for a fact that you can’t tie in the playoffs or the Super Bowl, since that’d be stupid, and you need a clear winner.

Oddly enough, you used to be able to tie for State Championships in High School Football. But I think they’ve changed the rules on that. But the concept of even being able to do that just sounds silly. Hard to say you’re the best when you’re sharing that state title with some other team.

In the NFL playoffs, it’s overtime until someone scores. There are no ties allowed. At least, when I followed football ten years ago. I doubt it changed.

I was quoting Donovan McNabb.

I realized as I lay to bed last night, that Good Eats may very well be my favorite show. I love it.

I love the No Reservations show. That’s about all I know (though I know of one place that I eat at semi-frequently that whupped his ass in fried chicken).

Coming from someone who lives in the Philly area, that was frickin’ embarassing.

“Duh, tie?”