What are your college plans?

Cool, Locke. I got to SUNY Geneseo, well, I used to, I’m technically still enrolled.

I may be going to SUNY Buffalo this spring if they don’t let me back in. What’s it like there?(Though, I’d much rather finish at Geneseo).

That’s weird. I go to SUNY Oswego. Lots of SUNYs.

Wheres Oswego? Geneseo and Buffalo are actually pretty close to each other(northwest NY), which is why I mentioned it… but yeah, there are like, 20 SUNY schools.

http://www.google.com/maphp?q=Oswego%2C%20NY%2013126 <—This is Oswego, NY. It’s approximately 2 1/2 hours away from Geneseo.

Thanks, I’ll have to remember that site. Looks like you’re at the other side of upstate New York.

Make that literacy studies.

What’s so cute about that? It’s a Masters in Literacy Studies, not a Masters in Lesevitenskap. The Masters in Literacy Studies is linked to English, the masters in Lesevitenskap to Norwegian, and I’m majoring in English, so I of course take the one linked to English.

I’d reccomend going to college somewhere a little less warm, Silhouette, since you look pretty burned to me.

Where’s Oswego and stuff in relation to Albany?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Albany is in central New York, right? Geneseo and Buffalo are in the Northwest corner; Oswego in the Northeast corner.

I’m in year 2 of 3 years of law school. I don’t like it too much.

also, the rest of this thread can be summed up by, “duh, I liek b0okz”

Why don’t you like law school?

This, because I may be consigning myself to law in the next month.

I second that question. I also loathe med school high 5s Merlin.

I would like to know both of your reasons for the (post-)graduate-school-hatings.

plus, I dunno, the majority of “important” works of Western (let’s not even consider how these works didn’t affect most of the planet) thought were written in German or French or Latin. English creations probably comprises a minority, even counting Shakespeare’s titanic contribution.

I don’t like law school because the classes are boring, the schoolwork is boring, and law as a profession makes me feel dead inside.

I was thinking of going into corporate law, environmental law, or constitutional law, all of which I am passionate about, despite the fact that 2/3 don’t really give me the high pay that usually comes with such a large amount of education, and corporate law is a slippery slope (since it’s already hard to explain how I believe in free trade and also strong worker’s rights and corporate social responsibility, without having to, you know, prove my arguments to a jury, in a court of law, and whatnot), but I care enough about them to avoid the dead-inside-feeling problem.
Boredom, though, is an ominous prediction, since school in general has not offered enough challenge to interest me in the slightest. I was hoping things would get better, at least by the time I was studying for a bar.

Are ya gonna stick it out, Merlin, or get out?

:mwahaha:

I like UB fine, transferred in to finish undergrad and went back for MBA. Most of the undergrad teachers speak decent English. Forbes ranks their MBA program in the top 50 (whatever that’s worth), 24th for the part time program, which I’m enrolled in due to work.

Western New York is one of the more unpleasant places to be from January through March, though, due to weather. But you must already know that.

We’ll go for a drink one day.

EDIT: Deleted by Arac