What anime has the best music?

End of Evangelion. Asuka Goes Nuts is a classic sequence, and the music does wonders.

Trigun, Noir.

Trigun (I loved Scattered Rain!)
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam Wing

FLCL just because of The Pillows. Cowboy Bebop would be second for me.

Hellsing, Bebop, FLCL, Pillows Rock!

I LOVE the intro from Tenchi Muyos (the one from the first episodes)

and I also love:
A GAAAAA MAEBEEEE etc. (do I have to say more?)

almost forgot: the cello’s in evangelion are really good

Cowboy Bebop - especially blue and the song that plays in Jupiter Jazz part 2, Space Lion, I believe.

Witch Hunter Robin - The opening song is really good, and the ones used in the series are also pretty good.
FLCL - I really like the music from the Pillows, but it gets boring after a while.

Kenshin Tsuioku Hen - excellent soundtrack, especially “memories kotowari” in the end and “war of the last wolves” during the assault on Ikedaya.

CB, .hack, Trigun, and Steel angel kurumi

Trigun has the best anime music I have ever heard hands down.

Trigun does have some interesting music. However, they overused a lot of the songs in such odd places in the episodes, which really destoryed a near perfect anime, IMO.

How can you NOT watch all of Cowboy Bebop and absolutely hate the music? There’s something in it for everybody. And if you’re a jazz freak, it’s better for you, due to the majority of the songs having some jazz roots. Even the non-jazz songs. You know what I mean. “Musawe” “Diggin” “No Money”, they dont’ SOUND like Jazz at first, but just think about it after you hear those tracks.

And let me just say this. FLCL is the shit. That’s all that needs to be said. The music matches damn well with everything they play, even if they do play “Advice” right before the big fight scene in each episode, “Nightmare” durning a dangerous confrotation, and “Little Busters” as their “episdoe closing” theme. I love the arrangement of “Nightmanre, Advice, and Runners High” played at the bridge scene at the end of episode 1. MUST HAVE IT WHEN MY INTERNET ACCESS COMES BACK TO MEHH!!!11 I even love Yorii Gallop, even though it’s not rock at all. More like a Tom & Jerry scene, knowwhatImean?

Gundam Wing was one of the first anime soundtracks I got into, with the first being Tenchi Muyo, honestly. I have everything but the Endless Waltz soundtrack, which I’ll tell you isn’t as good as the episode soundtracks, IMO. But “White Reflection” and “Last Impression” ARE Nice… Just download 'em. Save your money, unless you’re going for collectability. Tenchi Muyo has a nice soundtrack as well, but no need for detail, yeah?

Vampire Hunter D (original) had a nice, creepy soundtrack for it’s time. I had a large gap of years between when I first saw the first hour of it in the 5th grade, to actually watching the whole movie in the 10th, but I always remembered D’s theme. I mean, if I was a half vampire badass with a metal steed, that’d be my theme. Either that or “Advice” from the Pillows. I love “Advice” if you couldn’t tell before.

Some G Gundam tracks were nice, though. 0086 was the same. And I MUST have the Pilot Candidate soundtrack. Even if the anime itself is a bit yaoi oriented or not, it was a kick ass soundtrack.

Gundam Wing hands down. :cool:

FLCL…and Duvet from Serial Experiments Lain…

.hack//sign has a great soundtrack!:mwahaha:

But Fruits Basket isn’t bad either…

FLCL

Originally posted by Phantasy_Starlight
Trigun (I loved Scattered Rain!)
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam Wing

:yipee: Scattered Rain was the one i spent so long trying to find the name of. I’m glad other people love Hellsing music too, i like the opening more so though. Cowboy bebop is great, i love singing along with real folk blues. I haven’t really watched gundam wing or any other gundam. Spirited Away was just beautiful. Dirty pair though a dull anime has a few songs i have loved i remember theres one called “i like you” or rather “kimi ga daisuki”. There have been some really nice pieces in Ruruoni Kenshin. I like the opening and ending for yuyu hakusho. I love the blue gender ending song and i think they used clips from two bands i know and like. Music for akira was great. Theres more i just can’t think of and haven’t seen yet hehe.

Oh, and I have now changed my mind… the all time best anime soundtrack: Yuudachi from Boogiepop Phantom, Suga Shikao rocks!

I dunno, the music on La Blue Girl with give a lot of those shows a run for their money.

I changed my mind, Hellsing.

Changed my mind too.
Even though Trigun rocks, I’m gonna go with FLCL :smiley:

Hah, you simpletons will laugh at me but the best music in anime are from:
Pokemon 1st season.
Escaflowne.
Digimon and Digimon 02.(nanana nenah nuh nen nuh nuh nen nen nuh nuh nah nah nah nah nah nan nah! nan nah nah na!)

Originally posted by Knight Of The Round™
Hah, you simpletons will laugh at me but the best music in anime are from:
Pokemon 1st season.
Escaflowne.
Digimon and Digimon 02.(nanana nenah nuh nen nuh nuh nen nen nuh nuh nah nah nah nah nah nan nah! nan nah nah na!)

Laugh? I’d actually have to agree. With the Esca thing anyways >>;; The Esca Opening, “Black Escaflowne”, and a few other songs are amazing. Digimon actually had some VERY nice atmospheric music, but the opening was hideous, so I dunno >>;;

I’d also like to point out Record of Lodoss War. “Adesso e Fortuna” and “Kiseki no Umi” are easily some of the best songs I’ve ever heard.

And from Evangelion, tell me you didn’t cream your pants in total AWESOMENESS when “The Beast II” was playing as Unit-01 ripped Leliel to shreds. Tell me, And I’ll know you’re the biggest liar on the planet >>;

Same goes for “Pushing the Sky” from Bebop. That song was orgasmic >>; “Green Bird” and “What Planet is This?” are great too. As is Tank.

“Successful Mission” from Saber Marionette J.

“Procession of the Spirits” from Spirited Away. I think that’s what it’s called anyways.

“Salva Nos” and “Coppelia no Hitsugi” from Noir. Even though it was an agonizingly terrible anime, it had really awesome music.

“Hajimari ha Kokokara,” “Kimi Sae Ireba,” “Winter Wish” and “Sakura Saku” from Love Hina.

As for which anime has the best music, it all depends on taste. But I think we can all agree that few anime, if any, have better music than The Seatbelts and Symphony of Evangelion create.