What an honor...

Today is graduation for West Point, not 30 minutes away from here. Guest speaker this year: Dick Cheney. Well it’s a surprise to me that he’s still alive, but I just wish he wouldn’t be much longer.

Not much of a point there, just throwing that out.

Thats cool.

George W. Bush spoke at an elementry school during the elections. I almost went and saw him speek, but I wasn’t sure I could fight off all the Secret Service when I tried to maul him for taking too long.

American Politicans are just about the toughest things out there when it comes to age: Sadly.

Do I recall correctly that West Point is a military academy, and pretty much ‘The Military Academy’?

Nulani: West Point is the Army Academy, then they have the Coast Guard Academy, Annapolis (Navy), and then the Air Force Academy (not sure of the name).

I’m not sure if the Marines have one.

I hope that Cheney spontaneously combusts.

Marines go to Annapolis. And wishing death on Cheney is no better than DV.

arrests Roun for being a suspected terrorist

Bah, politicians speaking at schools (especially elementary schools) aren’t all that great, considering. What’s Georgie. W. gonna do with a bunch of 8 year olds?

Nothing. The children didn’t go to the whole thing. Schools are a nice place to meet up at for the local folk, since most people know where it is and know their way around.

Also, elementary school children can be easily influenced if you go the right way about it. Which, in turn, they can influence the parents.

Personally, I wouldn’t listen to what my 4th grader was telling me about politics, especially when they’re telling me who to vote for.

Yeah, but Sorc, you’re an intelligent person.

Let’s just say that my, and my friend’s, experience with the average american leads me to believe the opposite.

Originally posted by Cala
What’s Georgie. W. gonna do with a bunch of 8 year olds?

Ask them how the latest episode of Yu-Gi-Oh ended [cuz Cheney made him turn off the tv halfway through, go to his room, and work on the tax cut instead] ?

Cheney is such a dick.
rimshot

Maybe the kids will have more success teaching Cheney how to read than they did Bush! rimshot

Congrads, I think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Quote: Ask them how the latest episode of Yu-Gi-Oh ended [cuz Cheney made him turn off the tv halfway through, go to his room, and work on the tax cut instead] ?

no it wuz ruroni kenshinn loll