What an asshole.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040302/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/haiti_aristide_interview&cid=589&ncid=716

I’m glad he was kicked out now if he’ll tell such an outrageous lie. Like the US would ever “start shooting and killing” if he refused to leave.

Infonick, we are not ruled by a competent or moral group of people. It could very well be possible.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Infonick, we are not ruled by a competent or moral group of people. It could very well be possible.

We would not just start killing people. Just because Bush and some of his cronies are idiots, doesn’t mean that the whole DoD, military, and foreign affairs departmenta are. Not only that, but America would turn every country against us. Also, the UN backed our decision and France AND Canada are in Haiti too working with us. Yes, we urged him to leave, but we wouldn’t start killing innocent people to do that, especially since our reason for wanting him to leave was to restore order. Not only that, but this morning I read that we even secured his escape. He’s only saying that to make us look bad since we urged him to step down. However, we aren’t alone in our actions in Haiti, we actualyl have the UN backing us this time and France wanted the same thing that we wanted.

Grrr…fuckin’ browser always trying to go to Google with the processes on this for some strange reason.

He can’t ignore the pressure that the United States and the rebels are putting on him, so of course he’d be mad at stepping down. This is his pathetic attempt to lash back. I do not think that any official would say that they would “start shooting and killing” if he did not comply.

Maybe his English was just bad and he misinterpreted.

Originally posted by Infonick
[b]We would not just start killing people. Just because Bush and some of his cronies are idiots, doesn’t mean that the whole DoD, military, and foreign affairs departmenta are. Not only that, but America would turn every country against us. Also, the UN backed our decision and France AND Canada are in Haiti too working with us. Yes, we urged him to leave, but we wouldn’t start killing innocent people to do that, especially since our reason for wanting him to leave was to restore order. Not only that, but this morning I read that we even secured his escape. He’s only saying that to make us look bad since we urged him to step down. However, we aren’t alone in our actions in Haiti, we actualyl have the UN backing us this time and France wanted the same thing that we wanted.

Grrr…fuckin’ browser always trying to go to Google with the processes on this for some strange reason. [/b]

Nah, im pretty sure that Don Rumsfeld would run into Hati with two blazing UZIs and shoot everything in sight. He would then quote that it was for the good of the country, and anyone who second guesses him will have a bullet put in their head by the United States Secret Police, also know as the Jolly Good Crew (or JGC for short).

There’s a good chance that what he says about U.S. troops offering him a last-minute ultimatum is true. I’d say its more than a good chance. The administration kind of waited till the last minute in dealing with this whole thing.

You know, its possible Aristide misinterpreted what the Marines were trying to tell him. But its also very likely he didn’t, and they did say they would start shooting up the place if he didn’t cooperate. I saw a documentary of the Iraq War on TV, and it had footage of a Marine commander speaking to his troops before they were about to charge into this one area, and he was saying all this stuff like ‘The civilians will all be gone by this point, they won’t have stuck around, assume any moving target is an enemy’, and basically telling his men to shoot anything they see. As it turned, the only ones there were civilians, and the Marines went charging in blasting everyone and ended up killing quite a few civilians. Military people say shit like that in tense situations, I guess. It could have even been a calculated psychological tactic, in this case.

It is the the whole unjust killing that is very untrue. Also, the rebllion was only 3 weeks. We gave them time to deal with it and settle it themselves. 3 weeks isn’t a lot of time. Plus, by saying we did that would be saying that the UN said it since they approved the action and the US IS NOT ALONE. We aren’ the only ones. Plus, our troops are there for security and to make sure that the rebels don’t dp mroe than they claimed to want.

Originally posted by Curtis
[b]There’s a good chance that what he says about U.S. troops offering him a last-minute ultimatum is true. I’d say its more than a good chance. The administration kind of waited till the last minute in dealing with this whole thing.

You know, its possible Aristide misinterpreted what the Marines were trying to tell him. But its also very likely he didn’t, and they did say they would start shooting up the place if he didn’t cooperate. I saw a documentary of the Iraq War on TV, and it had footage of a Marine commander speaking to his troops before they were about to charge into this one area, and he was saying all this stuff like ‘The civilians will all be gone by this point, they won’t have stuck around, assume any moving target is an enemy’, and basically telling his men to shoot anything they see. As it turned, the only ones there were civilians, and the Marines went charging in blasting everyone and ended up killing quite a few civilians. Military people say shit like that in tense situations, I guess. It could have even been a calculated psychological tactic, in this case. [/b]

What is wrong with what the commander said? The area was already cleared, which means that anyone there was going after US troops. Plus, do you even know how bad the Iraqis are right now. Besides, civilian doesn’t mean that they aren’t a combatant. The ones that troops are fighting right now aren’t military personel, but they are still combatants. Many are civilians, however, they are civilians attacking US troops. I also know about the areas that Marines are currently in and it makes sense for them to be shooting a lot. Also, that is more a motivational thing he said. Marines are big on hearing about the possibility of getting some.

Well, the point is that military commanders say things like ‘Let’s start shooting everything in sight’, sometimes for psychological reasons, and its possible the marines could have said the same thing to Aristide either out of stress or, like I said, as a calculated psychological tactic to scare him.

Well, the point is that military commanders say things like ‘Let’s start shooting everything in sight’, sometimes for psychological reasons, and its possible the marines could have said the same thing to Aristide either out of stress or, like I said, as a calculated psychological tactic to scare him.

Mariens wouldn’t do that sort of thing. They wouldn’t directly speak with Mr. Aristide, at least not a low ranking perosn wh would eb doing most of the work. Plus, that is also forbidden by the rules of war and many other doctrines. In fact, despite hostitlity, we are told to still be kind to the population to gain their support. A diplomat would be the one communicating with Mr. Aristide.

Things don’t always go as they should, especially in this rapidly changing world we live in. I think there is some credibly to what Aristide says about being literally forced to leave at the last minute by U.S. forces, even if he may have exaggerated some of it.

Things don’t always go as they should, especially in this rapidly changing world we live in. I think there is some credibly to what Aristide says about being literally forced to leave at the last minute by U.S. forces, even if he may have exaggerated some of it.

I’m saying that he is lying about saying that we said we’d “start shooting and killing” if he didn’t leave. I’m not saying that we didn’t force him out, I doubt it, but it is possible. However, our troops are there to keep order right now. Also, he probably pretty pissed at us right now for us wanting him top leave power. He was probably expecting us to help him like we did back 1994 to reinstate him into power, but instead we went against him this time. He is probably extremely upset with us and is trying to get his. Also, this isn’t very last mintue. We did get the rebels to hold off their attack hile we worked with Mr. Arisitide.

EDIT: I should also add that we AREN’T ALONE> France, Canada, and the UN are part of thsi operation. The UN drafted up the plan with France and our help. French troops are there too and helped in evactuing Mr. Aristide form the country.

In a matter of speaking, we DID force him to leave. So did the UN, the rebels in his country, and essentially 3/4 of the entire planet, but the US was involved, so we automatically screwed up and did something totally wrong. Oh, and Bush/Cheney for 2004! (/sarcasm)

Really, we did force him to leave, but not before the UN got involved, and his people got so pissed off it wasn’t even funny. Of course, we’ll have a puppet government installed, there will be decades of strife, and other crap will happen that’ll screw the entire nation over, but at least we didn’t do it alone!

He wouldn’t say shit like that unless he was completely convinced of his words’ truth. The American military, especially in this day and age, especially if you’re the head of a government the US is trying to oust, is not something anybody would deal lightly with. He wouldn’t be motivated just out of a desire to “lash back” at the people who forced him out, unless he had no respect for his own life OR his own dignity. That just wouldn’t be enough to motivate him. He’d have to be relatively convinced that enough evidence would show that he was telling the truth, before he just shot off his mouth like that (putting him in more danger).

Now that could mean that in the heat of the moment, he misinterpreted what some dude said to him, or that in the heat of the moment, some marine said those words to him, or whatever, but to dismiss his account entirely as a fabrication, I think, is kinda unintelligent.

-Mazrim Taim

I once again reterate that Canadians and the French were involved insecurity and we are working hand in hand with them, which part of the reason I doubt this. Two, he’s already lost everything, literally. He has nothing to lose except his life, which we saved by removing him from the country. Tryign to make us look worse only really hurts us. Also, the UN would be on our ass right now fi we did threaten him like that. By saying this, it makes his leaving seem more noble and keeps him from seeming weak. By saying this, it makes it seem like he left to save many lives since the rebels aren’t killing people madly. We are also hated by many, hence events like 9/11, so he’s getting his. Also, I’m guessing that you believe politicians always tell the truth then since you say he wouldn’t say it unless he believed it was true. Even then, I wouldn’t odubt his ability to make himself believe that it is true. Heck, I know I’ve done it before. I’ll say something I remember and then someone else will say something contrary. Ever hear that if you tell a lie enough it eventually become the truth?

Bottomline, I think that this would be a huge international incident if it relly happened. However, since he just said over a telephone interview and is a position to be angry and want to hurt the US, it just brings it into question.

I recently watched an interesting documentary, it tells of how if you’re an arab that lives in America and you don’t provide local authorities with the information they desire then you’ll be shipped off to Syria, to be tortured. They use electric shocking, beating, sleep deprivation, all in the name of freedom. How nice Mr. Bush is isn’t he?

So first they got him in again, and when they finally realize what a terrible mistake they’ve done: They force him out? Sounds reasonable. If not very original.

But in a sense, all that is irrelevant. What needs to be done, is stop a new tyrant from emerging. And a lot of the rebels have plenty of experience in that remark: Being remenants from the tyranny that existed before Aristede.

Is it just me, or does it sound like he has a persecution complex?

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
[b]He wouldn’t say shit like that unless he was completely convinced of his words’ truth. The American military, especially in this day and age, especially if you’re the head of a government the US is trying to oust, is not something anybody would deal lightly with. He wouldn’t be motivated just out of a desire to “lash back” at the people who forced him out, unless he had no respect for his own life OR his own dignity. That just wouldn’t be enough to motivate him. He’d have to be relatively convinced that enough evidence would show that he was telling the truth, before he just shot off his mouth like that (putting him in more danger).

Now that could mean that in the heat of the moment, he misinterpreted what some dude said to him, or that in the heat of the moment, some marine said those words to him, or whatever, but to dismiss his account entirely as a fabrication, I think, is kinda unintelligent.

-Mazrim Taim [/b]

Well… if marines or officals can, “in the heat of the moment”, make errors or he himself could misinterpret things, he could have also, “in the heat of the moment”, said those things as something out of context or grossly exaggerated (or simply misunderstood). Perhaps out of anger. And what would the media do if they heard this uttered? It may not be something entirely fabricated, but it does not seem likely that it is something based on anything solid.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Well… if marines or officals can, “in the heat of the moment”, make errors or he himself could misinterpret things, he could have also, “in the heat of the moment”, said those things as something out of context or grossly exaggerated (or simply misunderstood). Perhaps out of anger. And what would the media do if they heard this uttered? It may not be something entirely fabricated, but it does not seem likely that it is something based on anything solid.

Well said Cless.