Whack dat penguin!

http://ogc.ath.cx/files/tmp/pingu.htm

My high score: 593.5

PWN3D.

My best is 544.7. I couldn’t seem to break 500 after that.

Is there any trick to it?

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
[b]My best is 544.7. I couldn’t seem to break 500 after that.

Is there any trick to it? [/b]

I think the earlier you hit it the better.

No, the thing has to fling at such an angle that it’ll bounce. The bigger the angle, the farther it’ll go, but as soon as you lose the bounce, there’s no way to get over 500.

Wow, this kicks ass. Nothing funnier than punting penguins.

Edit: 538.5

Using Physics, we can determine that with a constant force, the optimal angle of projection would be 45 degrees.

Edit: 588.8

Originally posted by PanamaJack
Not necissarily. You also have to consider the incoming angle. Anytime that he lands wherein his beak hits first, he doesn’t bounce.
Using Physics, we can determine that with a constant force, the optimal angle of projection would be 45 degrees.

Using these (poor ragdoll) laws of physics, the penguin should bounce if the impact angle is less than 45 degrees. Therefore the hitting angle should be slightly less than 45 degrees, maybe 40 or 42, to account for the starting height (the point at which it gets hit)

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Using these (poor ragdoll) laws of physics, the penguin should bounce if the impact angle is less than 45 degrees. Therefore the hitting angle should be slightly less than 45 degrees, maybe 40 or 42, to account for the starting height (the point at which it gets hit)
That’s true, at a perfect 45 degree angle the penguin would still impact with the ground. So basically we would need to find the largest possible angle in which the beak did not penetrate the ice.

Current score: 588.8

This thing is pretty fun.

EDIT: 566.9

502.4 first time I hit it. (I missed completely the first coupla tries)

Edit: 593.5. I wonder if it’s possibly to break 600.

I’m not sure what the angle is, but I know that you’ll always slam face first if you hit more than 350 distance.

1. this is fun.

It all depends if you hit him low or if you hit him high

If you hit him high, like say, 45 degree, it will come down with his beak downward, and break the ice.

But if you get a low hit, so that he fly kinda low to the ground, he’ll bounce on his belly and get further.
I think the ideal angle would be 33 degree

Originally posted by Booken
[b]It all depends if you hit him low or if you hit him high

If you hit him high, like say, 45 degree, it will come down with his beak downward, and break the ice.

But if you get a low hit, so that he fly kinda low to the ground, he’ll bounce on his belly and get further.
I think the ideal angle would be 33 degree [/b]
Where did you get 33 from? Generally these things are built for nice even degrees. 12.25, 22.5, 30, 45…