Went to a concert yesterday

…And it was cool.

It was only my second concert, and I don’t think the other one counts. It was a long time ago and I went with a youth group. The bands were good, but I was in the back and we left early.

Anyway, this time my friend called my up at 10:30 the previous night and made a last minute plan to go. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.

We waited in line for awhile outside, but it wasn’t too bad, and neither was the ticket price, twenty-five bucks.

I actually ended up right in the pit, about eight feet from the stage at my closest time. I couldn’t hear out of my left ear until sometime this afternoon.

Most of the bands were punk, the lineup was Piebald, Brand New, MXPX and Dashboard Confessional. Dashboard was actually much more punk live than on their albums. I especially wanted to see MXPX, I’ve been a fan for years.

I was surprised how good Piebald was, I had never really heard of them before. Brand New was okay, I only knew one of their songs and that was the part of the concert where the back rushed the front, so I was still getting used to not having to stand up unassisted. Some girl in front of me passed out and I had a grand old time fighting the ten people in back of me to make room so they could lift her out.

Then MXPX came out and they had an awesome set, definately the best part of the show. It was the last show of the tour, so it was really high energy. I got moshed a little bit but came out mostly unscathed.

Dashboard was good, I’m a fan of them too but I was still wishing that MXPX had played a longer set so my enjoyment was a little tainted. But they played some good songs and Carrabaras played one by himself acousticly and it was sort of a really cool sing-a-long.

So it was a pretty kick ass show and I’m glad I went. (I also scored the new MXPX album)

Originally posted by CalebNova
[b]

I actually ended up right in the pit, about eight feet from the stage at my closest time. I couldn’t hear out of my left ear until sometime this afternoon.

Some girl in front of me passed out and I had a grand old time fighting the ten people in back of me to make room so they could lift her out.

I got moshed a little bit but came out mostly unscathed.

[/b]

seems you got the best place

people who pass shouldn’t be in da moshpit

only a little bit?? how disapointing…

anyway concerts are cool, but festivals rock the shit out of you

That sounded pretty awesome

Nice.

I’m yet to have been on an actual concert, mostly because all the concerts around here have only had terrible bands on the programme.

Man, I loved going to those things back in high school. The all day ones were just a blast.

I love MxPx too…

Good times man. Mosh pits are loads of fun.

I wouldn’t have minded to have seen Accept.