Well shit...

A Corporal in my unit died. I didn’tknow him so I’m not too upset, but one fo the LAVs we have rolled and he was killed. Things were going so well that I didn’t even expect this. It is sad, but I’m happy it isn’t someone that I knew otherwise I’d be very depressed.I guess considering my unit has been out there for about 2 months that isn’t too bad. You never quite realize how dangerous it all is until something like that happens. Now my mom and girlfriend are very concerned and worried. In fact, my mom is sort of upset that my school is starting since it means that I’ll be coming home sooner and have a chance of going out there (I’ll be pissed if I don’t).

You know, I think there’s been more fatalities from accidents then from actual fighting. But that sucks.

If you’ve seen an LAV, you’d eb surprised that it rolled over. A LAV is pretty close to the size of a tank (it is a little smaller), only it has wheels instead of a tread. And tnaks aren’t really things that you’d expect to roll (I’m just trying to help you visualize it a bit more). It is true Epic, and it is sad, that many of our deaths now come from accidents and not combat. Although, even more deatsh happen around bases on weekends (just use your imagination).

I’m really sorry to hear that Info. How would something like that roll over? =O

Originally posted by Kagon
How would something like that roll over? =O

I’m not quite sure. My best guess would be that it was going to fast and hit a sand dunne or something (LAVs can get to pretty high speeds).

Possibly, even a Light Attack Vehicle hitting a bump at a wrong angle at a high speed can be sent into a roll, since they are made to be very agile and fast.

Originally posted by Zero
Possibly, even a Light Attack Vehicle hitting a bump at a wrong angle at a high speed can be sent into a roll, since they are made to be very agile and fast.

LAV actually stands for Light Armored Vehicle.

Here are some pictures of them:

http://www.hqmc.usmc.mil/factfile.nsf/AVE?OpenView&Start=1&Count=1000&Expand=7#7