Well, msn certainly has an interesting censorship policy

Couldn’t find anything on search, so here goes…

http://uk.theinquirer.net/?article=36812

Imagine my surprise today when, when discussing a new scrabble website with a few mates, I kept getting repeatedly kicked out of the group conversation. it appears this is why- msn doesn’t like people saying .scr. This is the start of a slippery slope. :-/

…what is .scr?

Edit: Never mind, read the article.

This is just…weird. o.O Gogo tapping!

It’s for the protection of the idiots who don’t know what sort of files have the potential being viruses and would probably sue MSN for not protecting their computer’s virginity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like Cavelcade said, this is just weird. This seems like a really petty thing for them to be nitpicking over. Why thy would want to censor any url starting with “scr”? I haven’t the faintest.

Seems like ‘Big Brother’ needs to know what you’re been up to.

I think there comes a time when someone out there should say “Fuck security! I just want to be left alone.”:suckah:

…It didn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe my MSN is too old?

XD

… This reminds me of the annotation to today’s Irregular Webcomic.

Wow, some programmer never learned to use regular expressions. All they have to do is search for “.scr” at the END of the string, and I think you’d be fine. Or turn off the auto-linkifying feature for strings with “.scr” in them (you could do the same for “.exe” and whatnot) so people couldn’t blindly click on them, but they’d still be able to see the text.

What??

This would explain why messenger swallows so many of my and my friends’ messages whenever there are links in them. Gotta take a look if it has to do with the scr. o_o;