well it's official...

All I see left going for the PS3 is God of War, the next Team Ico game (which is rather niche), a potential Suikoden 6, and that sandbox game.

I’ve heard a few rumours that suikoden will be appearing on Wii, actually.

Same here.

I also forgot about Valkira Chronicles (or whatever its called) and White Knight Story still being PS3 exclusives (for now at least).

Still haven’t had a chance to find the link to the FF XII thing (though it could’ve been an error on 1up’s part, my misreading of the increadibly small text, or both,

No, I just think FFXIII will be awesome. The PS3’s fucked :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

According to NPD,
January sales: PS3 269,000 units, Xbox 360 230,000 units
February sales: PS 3 280,800 units, Xbox 360 254,600 units
March sales: Xbox 360 262,000 units, PS3 257,000 units
April sales: Xbox 360 188,000 units, PS3 187,100 units
May sales: PS3 208,700 units, Xbox 360 186,600 units

Assuming that FF XIII sales will be evenly split between PS3 and 360, then I wouldn’t bury PS 3 yet.
And lets not forget Japan.

I thought this way before I got one, and now I’m revelling in my foresight.

I really can’t believe this, but the PS3, even with the release of MGS4, didn’t catch up to the numbers of the Xbox 360.

Really? That’s fucking awesome if they port FF12 to the 360. I barely got to play it. As for 1-6 on XBLA I doubt it. There’s all kinds of problems with nintendo on that one, espcially considering all those games are already out/coming out on the DS.

The best part of this is watching the PS3 fanboys squirm. Already they’re calling SE traitors, declaring that still have all these exclusives that have either already come out or have no confirmed release date. Yes, how dare Square behave like a business and actually try to make a profit! How dare they release the game on the console with the second-largest user base of this generation! How dare they betray Sony, a company that has nearly dragged them down due to their horrible mismanagement of what could have been an excellent piece of work!

To all PS3 users: You’ll still have the better graphics, probably have better load times, and won’t have to deal with disk swapping. As a 360 user, I’m just glad to get the game.

Actually the hardware specs of the 360 are better than the PS3, I’ve heard. Hell, before GTA4 was released, Rockstar made a statement that said, straight up, “If you want a better version of our game, get the XBox 360 version.”

Also, this article…

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1277.html

…Sort of confirms my question about Versus 13: It’s still PS3 exclusive. I personally don’t care much, because it’s the FF13 that’s being made by Tetsuya Nomura, and I fucking hate that guy’s games.

Going with month by month figures like that doesn’t take into account sales the 360 already has before the PS3 was even released. Given that the 360 had such a headstart, it’s actually a testament to the lack of appeal of a PS3 since it’s barely keeping even with (and even outright losing some months) a console that should already have an established based and be in some decline in terms of hardware sales.

Also, I only assumed Suiko6 for the PS3 since the last five have all been for Sony systems. If it may be coming out for the Wii, hey, that’s great.

I will admit that I was impressed with Little Big Planet, but this still doesn’t change the fact that the PS3 is turning into this generation’s Xbox (a massive monolith of a machine with barely a handful of games worth playing).

Also, lol sony for announcing Valkyria Cronicles for the PSP (I don’t know if it’s going to be the same game, a watered-down port, or simply an expansion), but way to shoot yourselves in the foot Sony.

I should also note how much more impressed I was with the PS2 line-up over the PS3’s this year (Yakuza 2 ftw).

OK.

I still say:

I wouldn’t bury PS 3 yet
Yet. Next year, 2010, 2018 maybe?

Why is everyone so concerned with PS3 vs XBox 360? Did you all forget the Wii? That system has the greatest FPS game I’ve ever seen(yes, I think it’s better then Halo 3), the best action/adventure game I’ve ever had the pleasure to play and is going to get the sequel to Tales of Symphonia. I have to say the PS3 is the underdog while the Wii and the 360 are fighting it out.

What FPS on the Wii is better than something on the PS3 or 360? And don’t even THINK about saying Red Steel. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Wii has some good stuff, and I don’t think many people will deny that; however, it clearly isn’t in any sort of direct competition with the PS3 or 360. At the end of this ‘war’, whatever happens, the Wii will be just fine, but the PS3 and 360 are probably gonna come out with scars.

Yeah, the Wii sucks. It’s a novelty system utilizing the motion sensitive controllers, but the gamem selection is limited to childrens games and games that specifically utilize the motion shit. I compared the Wii to the 360 before I got a system for months and found a serious lack in game titles.

This and given the lack of titles for the PS3, then clearly the 360 is winning the war.

SG:That FPS I mentioned was not Red Steel, I was talking about Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Though it doesn’t have the multiplayer of games like Halo 3 and others, it has a great story, very fun firing system and it’s immersive as you can feel more in the game. :smiley:

Sorc:I don’t think so, I like the Wii. It has the better gameplay. 360 and PS3 DO have hardware above it, but the Wii has the better games, case and point:Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and more.

Meh, this is just my two cents in this arguement. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll stay out of your guys’ contention about the PS3 vs 360. :stuck_out_tongue:

According to NPD,
January sales: PS3 269,000 units, Xbox 360 230,000 units
February sales: PS 3 280,800 units, Xbox 360 254,600 units
March sales: Xbox 360 262,000 units, PS3 257,000 units
April sales: Xbox 360 188,000 units, PS3 187,100 units
May sales: PS3 208,700 units, Xbox 360 186,600 units

An update re: NPD numbers
June sales: PS3 405,500 units, Xbox360 219,800 units
That’s MGS effect mostly. And she (PS3) is still breathing.

I just think that the Wii really isn’t in direct competition with the PS3 or XBox360. And, I don’t mean that as in “It doesn’t compare”, I mean that as in “There is no legitimate comparison”; it’s like saying that the Game Gear was in direct competition with the Super Nintendo or something. It’s just ridiculous.

I can see that. The systems clearly cater to different crowds. But to say that the Wii has got better games is simply outrageous.

Of course the Wii has inferior third party games, but that’s to be expected - the Wii is a highly experimental piece of gaming hardware. It’s apparently intimidating to develop games for the Wii, too - I hear that a lot of third party developers put their weaker dev teams in charge of making Wii games. There are a number of plausible reasons for this: either because putting your best developers to work on something so risky could lose them a lot of money, or maybe they can gather information by taking low risks with the Wii. Either way, until that changes, there will be an awful lot of crap on the Wii.