Well, i am finally 16....

People go crazy when they turn 16.

Something tells me some of these guys didn’t get a license when they were 16

I did.

I didn’t. matter of fact I still don’t have one. ;_;

I turn 16 in 2 days yippee… The only thing I really care about is my license, but that doesn’t really thrill me since I’ve been driving since I was 12.

You really help to give me hopes for my life, Nulani. :bowser:

I did (well, not right when I turned 16. A few months after, but close enough). It’s honestly overrated. You can drive a car, okay. But most likely you won’t HAVE a car. Generally, you’ll still be under the control of your parents because they’ll either pay for the car, or the insurance, or just say “You live under my roof, you drive only when I say you can.” It’s believed to be some expression of freedom, but guess what, it’s not.

I’m 19 and I don’t have my license yet.

In my defense, I’m horribly lazy. Also, you can’t get one until 18 here <_<

Blah, I could have gotten my lisence at 16, but I didn’t bother. My parents dont even have a vehicle, so why would I even bother. The bus and skytrain all the way!!! :ark:

I didn’t… I’m still 16, but I don’t plan on getting one until I come back for college.

I guess it depends on how good the public transportation system is where you live. In the general Madison area, it is terrible, hence 16 is a pretty big deal.

I have my license but that’s not too big of a deal because I only drive when I have to (going to school, getting food, etc) but turning 17 will be a HUGE deal because then I can go watch R Rated movies! ;B

Well, i already got mine, but i dont get my license with the picture for another 2weeks.

I have a car that I payed for, but my parents pay for the insurance so this basically applies to me. If I ask my parents to go somewhere they’ll normally let me, but it always depends where it is that I’m going.

Exactly. They’ll be nice and let you go where you want to go if they have no problem with the place. However, since they’re paying for the insurance, they can still dictate if and where you can go. Even if you paid for the car and the insurance and the gas, if you’re living under their roof, there’s a chance they may even pull that out as a way to say you can’t go somewhere. Turning 16 and getting a driver’s liscence is the freedom to go where your parents used to drive you exept without the parents.

I didn’t think of turning 16 that big of a deal because I already rode with my dad every morning to school since he worked there. If I wanted to do something after school, I just caught a ride with a friend. Saved on gas, wear and tear, and money that way. I was eco-friendly. :slight_smile:

Well I didn’t get my license til I was 17 something. So it’s really no big deal. Clearly, if someone as cool as I am can get around without a car, you can too.

By the way, they gave you a license without a picture? That sounds like a waste of plastic.

Well I didn’t get my license til I was 18 something. So it’s really no big deal. Clearly, if someone as pathetic as I am can get around without a car, you can too.

I still don’t get the American system. You can drive a car at 16, live in your own house at 18 and buy alcohol with 21. Where is the logics? Somebody able to vote isn’t sane enough to handle alcohol now? Here it’s kinda vice-versa, you can buy alcohol with 16, get your driver’s license with 17 and vote with 18.

No, they give you a temporary license that it paper, then like 2 weeks later you get the picture license tha is made of plastic. Now i need a car, lol.

Blame the federal government for withholding road money if states don’t “voluntarily” change their drinking age to 21.