Well F-Zero got a thread...

I got Mario Kart: Double Dash a couple of days ago and it’s pretty neat. The idea of having two people in the cart is cool. This way can choose to have two different secret weapons.

What’s also different is that the combination of people you take determine what kind of kart you can use:

Light + Light = Light (duh)
Light + Medium = Medium
Medium + Medium (duh)
Medium + Heavy = Heavy
Heavy + Heavy = Heavy (get the idea? :hahaha; )

Right now my favorite combination is Baby Mario and Peach. Baby Mario to race ahaead and stop other karts with a Chain Chomp and Peach for her great defensive Hearts.

Now there are at least three diffent kinds of each cart when you unlock them all.

My only gripe about the game so far is that the tracks seem a little short. I guess this is compensated by having a lot of obstacles on every track. The music could be a little better too. The graphics are great though. Anybody else have this yet?

I like this game as well. The two driver thing is a huge breath of fresh air.

On another note, change that comic-sig thing too wide.

Yeah, DD sounds pretty good.
On another note, unless a mod tells him to change the sig he can keep it the way he wants.

On a third note, i think a Mod told him to take it off before.

On a fourth note, if you have a complain like that, take it to the mods, more than one if your message doesn’t reach the first one.

Sadly, I won’t be getting the new Mario Kart until Christmas. I put it on my Christmas list, and I wouldn’t want someone to get me something I already have, so I’m not going to buy it.

I don’t really care its just annoying to have to scroll to read his whole message. Mice need a horizontal wheel as well >_<

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
On a third note, i think a Mod told him to take it off before.

TD isn’t a mod. He is only staff.

Ooh… Mario Kart is one of my favorite game series ever. I think I may have to check this out! 8D

Guys, I took out all the quotes on my sig after Kag (a mod) said it was too long. I haven’t heard anything since.

Anyway, back on topic. Those who have played the game what it your favorite combination of racers and why.

I got double dash last Friday… got, 'tis truly awesome :smiley: the baby circuit in particular is an absolute orgy of violence on a grand scale :wink: on that one, it’s best to play as the troopas, hope for triple shells and just carpet bomb everything in sight :mwahaha: on the whole, though, my favourite combination is probably Bowser Jr. and Diddy- two reasonably light characters with absolutely psychopathic weapons- the Koopa’s shell is not so much a shell as a nuclear deterrent :hyperven:

On a fifth note, I think DD will be awesome once I get it. From what you told us it sounds pretty great. Also, I <3 your sig…

Somebody posted it in my “The World Must Be Educated” thread a while ago. It just proved my point so well I had to put it in my sig.

Anyway, enough about that. Red shells are great weapons but is it just me or do they seem less effective then they were in previous game? Sometimes they just make a kart flip over and a second later that kart is right behind you again. Another question, I know the obvious advantages of using light characters, but why Diddy? Bannanas are cool but I think other special weapons are better.

Diddy’s monstrous bananas are a thing of true beauty :hahaha; especially when you have a narrow track/bridge, they can screw the other players right up, they’re also about the most effective defensive weapon in the game in case you’re under threat from a red shell.

I guess you’re right that the giant banannas are great defensive items, but I think hearts are the greatest defensive item. I mean if you got them acivated they can turn that giant bananna into their own weapon, not to mention steal any shells targeted at Peach or Daisy.

I like this game too. I think it surpasses MarioKart64.

I’m getting it, if only for the sake of tradition.

Oooooh. Are the “banana bunches” back? That was my BITCH move back in the 64 day! I just let them hang in the back and just wait for someone to come up on my bumper, then I slide right in their shit, and then they get fuuuuuucked and so does anyone else around them.

Oh yeah. Mario Kart bitchin’!

Sorry, Kagato there are only single bannanas. Diddy and Donkey’s special weapon is a giant bananna (it like three times the size of a normal one). It splitts into three regualar banannas when somebody hits it.

Originally posted by BahamutXero

Light + Light = Light (duh)
Light + Medium = Medium
Medium + Medium (duh)
Medium + Heavy = Heavy
Heavy + Heavy = Heavy (get the idea? :hahaha; )

Light + Heavy = Heavy

No character can go in a cart thats lighter than itself. (Bowser in that baby cart? =P)

My favorite characters so far are Waluigi and Mario/Luigi
They’re both are Medium Weighted, their cart are well balanced, and tossing Bob-bombs around is just that damn cool.
KABOOM =D
Not only that, but the Mario Brothers’s fireballs are great to clear the path ahead. No more banana peels =D

Also, I find that giant banana rather… useless.
Bowser’s Koopa shell is by far more destructive. Its about the same size, you can drop it like a green shell or a banana, or toss it ahead for major mayem. Try riching them in a small alleyway XD

I shall add that there is NO advantage to light characters. A true Mario Kart master would aim for Medium or Heavy. Think about it, heavy chars can reach higher speeds if they don’t get hit by anthing for a while. I like medium more. 50%/50% acceleration/Max Speed =3

I would have gotten this game, but I got Project Gotham Racing 2 instead.
I guess I’ll just rent it.

Originally posted by Booken
[b]Light + Heavy = Heavy

No character can go in a cart thats lighter than itself. (Bowser in that baby cart? =P)

I shall add that there is NO advantage to light characters. A true Mario Kart master would aim for Medium or Heavy. Think about it, heavy chars can reach higher speeds if they don’t get hit by anthing for a while. I like medium more. 50%/50% acceleration/Max Speed =3 [/b]

I don’t disagree with you, it just seems to me that I’ve been getting faster time trial times with small drivers. Must be just some strange coincidence. I don’t like heavy drivers though, they’re just too hard for me to handle.