Welcome to Midgar

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/engineering/skycity/interactive/interactive.html

Or at least the closest architectural project to it so far. It’s pretty amazing when you look at it but I’m wondering if it really can be done.

Wow. Just wow

It would be awesome if it could be pulled off. Maybe Square-Enix could be a architectural consultant :hahaha; .

Wow, good luck to them if they are actually going to try this. It does sound like the kind of idea the Japanese would go for. This is the kind of place I want to live in eventually.

Hmm, apparently bottom to top in one of the elevators is going to make it from bottom to top in little under 2 minutes. At 3300 feet, which is 1100 meters, It would have to travel at 330km/h to do so, or about 92m/s. Nearly 10 gs in the wrong direction. That’ll do some massive bloodrush to the feet.

If they finish it, it could be the 21st century wonder. Like the pyramids of giza.

It truely looks like something out of Final Fantasy.

Hold me.

Kick. Ass.

You fool, we’re ON Midgard!

Oh.

You mean FFVII. Not Norse mythology… nevermind.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Hmm, apparently bottom to top in one of the elevators is going to make it from bottom to top in little under 2 minutes. At 3300 feet, which is 1100 meters, It would have to travel at 330km/h to do so, or about 92m/s. Nearly 10 gs in the wrong direction. That’ll do some massive bloodrush to the feet.
What are you talking about? 2 minutes at 92m/s is SLIGHTLY over eleven hundred meters. Try eleven thousand.

It doesn’t need to go nearly as fast as you said.

Correct me if I’m wrong, or if I missed some HUGE factor in your prediction.

what hath man wrought…

Yeah, there’s an extra 0 in your calculation. It’s actually about 33km/h.

Thats the shiznet.

TEH TOWER OF BABEL ARISE ANEW!!!

Oh. umm… whoops

That’s interesting… it would be cool if they could actually build that.

But if it was anything like Midgar, at least when it comes to the atmosphere, I wouldn’t want to live there. Doesn’t anyone remember what Midgar was like in FFVII? I do, and I don’t plan on living in a place like that any time soon.

Ooo cool.
But I wouldn’t want to live in one. Man made structures are prone to collapse.

Simply beautiful. Even better if they can actually pull it off.
If they do decide to try it, I suppose we can say it’ll be done in, what, 2029?

Guys … this could be Tokyo 2!!