Weird monitor problem

I’m getting this weird interference with my computer monitor. It seems that sometimes the picture gets blocked by this weird dark brown bar that appears on the left side of my screen. It’s not a straight bar either and it’s not the border of my image. It’s like the border on that side is extending over my picture and I don’t know what’s causing it.

Anybody have any ideas on what the problem is or how I can fix it?

Might have been a magnet. My guess is that you’ll have to get a new monitor.

Monitors are distorted by magnetic fields, anything from an actual magnet to a cellphone. And of course, they also get old and break from age.

How old is it?

The most probable cause I think think of is you keep your portable phone base RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR MONITOR. Biggest mistake mankind ever makes

Well I don’t own a cell phone and there shouldn’t be any magnets around here, and the computer was bought in January.

Use the guarantee, and have the shop fix it. It’s as simple as that.

If the monitor has one, use the Deguass function to see if that helps. Otherwise, as Nul said… Get it fixed…

EDIT: It’s normally indicated by an upside-down U with a slash through it.