Weird Al's mom and dad found dead in home

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/8404236.htm

Elderly parents of `Weird Al’ Yankovic found dead in home

[i]FALLBROOK, Calif. - The elderly parents of Grammy-winning recording artist “Weird Al” Yankovic were found dead in their home, apparently victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, officials said.

Nick Yankovic, 86, and his wife, Mary Yankovic, 81, were found dead about 1 p.m. Friday in their suburban San Diego home by three family members, said sheriff’s Sgt. Conrad Grayson, a fire investigator.

The relatives came to the house because they had not seen the couple in a while and were concerned.

Paramedics found Nick Yankovic in a chair in the front living room. His wife was lying on the bathroom floor.

A fire had been recently set in a fireplace in the house, Grayson said.

“The house was full of smoke when they opened the door,” Grayson said. “We examined the fireplace. They were burning wood. They (family) had found the flue closed. They opened it.”

“Weird Al” Yankovic, 44, had been scheduled to appear Wednesday night in Kansas at the Topeka Performing Arts Center as part of a tour for his new album.

He had no comment during a performance in Mankato, Minn., on Saturday night. Before the show, a graphic projected on the screens at the back of the stage dedicated the evening to his parents, KTOE-AM reported. Yankovic also canceled a meet-and-greet with selected fans.

Yankovic’s parents were described by a neighbor as nice people who were proud of their son’s accomplishments.

“Everybody who came to the neighborhood knew Nick,” said John Buehman, who lives across the street. “They’re going to be missed, big time.”[/i]

That sucks :too bad; , Weird Al is a great man. I hate when people lose the ones that they love. It makes you think about what you have, and how you will do anything to protect the ones you love.

Yea, I read that earlier today. That’s a real hard blow to him.

It’s always sad when someone you love dies unexpectedly.

I hope Al’s ok. That sucks that his parents died. Reminds me of “Only the good die young”…::starts singing:: “only the good young…might have heard I run with a dangerous crowd…”

Sorry, but my way to lighten the mood is to start enjoying life’s pleasures.

Seriously, I’m sorry they died.

Heard that earlier this morning. Wonder how much longer they would have lived if they did have the flue open. At least they lived to a nice old age, hope Al will do okay.

Well, the 80s are a fairly common age of death. Rather uncommon for both parents to go at the same time though. sigh

I suspect that’ll probably happen to me when I’m 40something… if not before then. I somehow don’t think my father will be around when I’m in my 40s.

At least they died a peaceful death.

This is depressing. Weird Al is one of my favorite artists.

That really does suck. He gets my sympathy.

Mine too. That’s a terrible thing to happen.

They wouldn’t have died if the flue was open. A flue is used to close off the fireplace so cold air doesn’t come in from outside when it’s not being used. If it was open, the smoke would have harmlessly floated outside.

Yeah, uh, I think that was her point, Epic.

I don’t think it was.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY?! This really sucks. I didn’t believe it when I first heard it last night.

Oh jeez…poor guy. =(

His parents were 80, and Weird Al is 44. Big deal that his parents died, they were due for it anyways.

SQUASHES THE BUG

HAW! And you were due for that too.

And even when they’re “due for it” age-wise, the death of your parents is a difficult period. Losing them both in one swipe of the grim scythe is, however, unusual, and will probably be particularly difficult. I mean, one death in the family is always rough on the surviving members. Two at the same time, due to a preventable accident, brings exponentially multiplied grief… and likely guilt, as well.

Such is the human condition. That we ALL have to deal with, by the way.

You cannot squash him.

He is McBee.

McBee.

McBee.

McBee.

Mc…bzzz. Bzzz… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Turns into one of McBee’s many slaves in his army of DEATH

Oh yeah, and what Kaiser said. :3

I think you’re due for an idiot shot. If you get what I mean. Eh?