We are gaming addicts

Originally posted by Cala
[b]Fen, 35-42. Almost. Not quite, though.

I play about 50 hours a week, depending on my schedule. More likely than not, it’s a lot less than that. I don’t like weeks where I can net 50+ hours gaming. Makes me depressed that I have nothin’ to do. [/b]

Cool~ 35-42 hours a week for me eh…? Ah well I dunno.

I don’t get depressed and think that I have nothing else to do besides from playin’ video games though… Probably I got accustomed to playin’ video games for at least 5-6 hours per day, even during exam week… Hehehe…

There’re always stuff for you to do Cala~ Just substitute the time you spend on playin’ vid games to do some exercises~ Doesn’t that sound great~!?

The amount of time I spend on games depends largely on how much time my sister spends on the computer while I’m waiting for her to get off.

Originally posted by Cala
[b]Fen, 35-42. Almost. Not quite, though.

I play about 50 hours a week, depending on my schedule. More likely than not, it’s a lot less than that. I don’t like weeks where I can net 50+ hours gaming. Makes me depressed that I have nothin’ to do. [/b]

Same here. But then the urge starts to call for me ;_;

Originally posted by Evangelion
Same here. But then the urge starts to call for me ;_;

I guess that makes you a vid game addict… Har hAr~

Originally posted by Fenril_Knight
I guess that makes you a vid game addict… Har hAr~

No that means I get urges to play video games, dammit. The path to recovery in recognizing you’re an addict and getting help is admitting you DO have an addiction. And I will not admit such a thing.

Originally posted by Evangelion
No that means I get urges to play video games, dammit. The path to recovery in recognizing you’re an addict and getting help is admitting you DO have an addiction. And I will not admit such a thing.

Ohh~ I see… So havin’ the urge to play vid games everyday does not make you an addict, it’s jus’ some form of addiction… Man… This is kinda deep, but I get it~ It’s good to learn somethin’ new everyday~

I used to play video games like 8 hours a day and 15 hours a day on weekends but I beat them all way to fast and never had time to enjoy them. Now I play them more slowly. I still find myself wanting to keep going to find out what happens next but that’s the same as a good book. I would not say i’m addicted. I play the roleplays on this site though because I have way more control over my character in them. I only get in like 20 hours a week on videogames lately but I get like 40 hours on this website

Originally posted by Videospirit
I play the roleplays on this site though because I have way more control over my character in them. I only get in like 20 hours a week on videogames lately but I get like 40 hours on this website

Hey Videospirit~ does spending 40 hours on this website make you a RPGC forum addict !? Hehehe j/k!! Ignore me plz.

So what if i am addicted? Its not like im missing anything…

Hmm let’s see exactly how long i spend. schooldays give me um 109 in the morning 30 at lunch 30 after school 2 hours at home added togethor times 5 is .289*5=1445 +4 hours on weekends is 1445+240=1685 minutes or almost 28.5 hours. my estimate was off I guess. that’s still a lot of time to spend on one website am I addicted kind of because I get agitated when I can’t update my roleplaying posts 1 every 4 hours.

Originally posted by Devillion

Hmm… You sound like I offended you or something… Heheh did I say something wrong? Heheh.

Originally posted by Devillion

A life, perhaps :stuck_out_tongue:

Eva, how is it that you manage to post and disappear from the boards so quickly? Do you log out between posts, or something?

I’m invisible =D I hide, along with a handful of other staff members and RPGC-ers who I’ve noticed, do.

Ah, I just saw the option in the options menu. Ok.

Back on topic, I don’t usually have an “x number of hours” a week that I play games. Instead, it goes by whether or not I’m playing games. If I have free time, and I get into a game, for instance, I can end up logging many hours. But then that can go right back down to zero once I’ve finished the game.

I play a lot of video games, but I am certainly no addict. After all, I am in control and can stop anytime I want to.

Yeah, I agree that I can stop anytime I want too. I don’t normally want to, but when I want to I can stop.

Amateurs.

Yeah I have to agree, that isn’t that much time, I think I get more than that most weeks.

Amateurs.

[QUOTE]Amateurs.
[/QUOTE]

Everything is mentally addivtive. Not a lot is actually physically addictive, and the things that are, are mostly chemical compounds.
Most addictive of all is oxygen.

It’s probably possible to get addicted to games, but I doubt it is a physical addiction.

And yes, I haven’t read the bloody article.