Warcraft III - Frozen Throne Expansion

Anybody really looking forward to it? I am… Playing through Warcraft III one last time to remind me of the story ^^

For the story? Yes. I’m worried about the balance of the actual game though. From what Sin and I saw during our playing of the beta, I know I was rather disappointed.

Well I do know for a fact that the game has changed alot…

I’m not worried about balance so much as the nw units being overwhelming. It seems like they tried to give several new units too much stuff. Like the Tauran Spirit Walker, the Forest Giant, the Sphinx, and the Faerie Dragon. Each one has like 4 or 5 techonolgies or abilities devoted to just it. It’s kinda annoying.

And I don’t know what they’re gonna do for supply :stuck_out_tongue:

The upkeep system has also been upgraded… I think

That’s one good thing. I think they changed it to 50, 75 and 100. That was a smart move, especially increasing the pop limit to 100. But they coulda just done a patch for that, along with the lower costs.

I think they just did patch regular War3 early this month, I havnt played it in a while so I’m not 100% sure they did.* Salivates over FT

Yeah, but not with those changes, I don’t think…

Those were good changes, but Blizzard probably guessed that since they were releasing it at about the time of Frozen Throne, they’d release both at once.

Nope; 1.06 doesn’t have those changes.

I’m looking forward to it for the story. The game has important balance changes, however its still wc3. The things that make one dislike wc3 like the lack of base organization for defense (SC level) aren’t fixed, however ,there was an attempt to fix a few things like lack of units , they upped the cap to 100 (and the upkeep was boosted also) but the game’s still not as dynamic as sc imho.

Yeah, and some things like spellcasters are nerfed when it comes to the counters. But hell, you just got some new big stupid units to replace them in annoyingness.

I don’t think they’re useless… The new Night elves Units seems to be useful

Mountain Giants are stupidly powerful if fully upgraded, and I mean stupidly. Magic and stuff stops bothering them really, Taunt is just plain annoying, plus their nightmarish physical defense + skill make them an uberhassle to kill.

I enjoyed Warcraft 3 more then Metroid Prime. Next to Zelda, the Warcraft series is my favorite series.

Heh, I’ve already preordered the expansion set. If you preorder at gamestop.com, you get a free soundtrack to go with it. Very nice, if I do say so myself.

Personally, I love the Warcraft story. Even with all the RPGs I’ve played, the Wacraft series has my favorite world and history out of any video game(s).

Although I like Warcraft 2 more then 3.

Well, Mountain Giants do siege damage (I think) so that can be considered their sole weakness…they serve primarily as meat shields.

Originally posted by Kagon
Mountain Giants are stupidly powerful if fully upgraded, and I mean stupidly. Magic and stuff stops bothering them really, Taunt is just plain annoying, plus their nightmarish physical defense + skill make them an uberhassle to kill.

But they must cost a lot and take a helluva long time to build, right? Like Battlecruisers, for example?

That, and they cost like 9 food. So it’s unlikely you’ll have more than 1, 2 at the most, on the battlefield at any given time. I’m sure several strategies will involve investing in 3 and a small support force and going to town with just that, because three would equal DEATHination.

They also require a ton of gold AND wood to build.