Warcraft 3 random disconnect issues...

I regularly play Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne with friends over Hamachi. But lately, I’ve been getting seemingly random disconnects.

It’s been awhile since we last played, and I had gotten a new router since, but I don’t know if that’s part of the problem. It’s an EWire router; we got it when we switched cable providers.

Anyway. What kind of things can cause this problem? Because I don’t know where to start.

When playing network type games, sometimes it is beneficial to turn off any firewall on your PC (your router already has one built in). Check your PC for spyware? Also, if you have people in the house that love to load the net connection up with torrents, pause them or turn them off while playing. If the PC is connected wirelessly, you may wish to consider a direct connection to the router. Wireless is still not 100% stable and the modern-ish consumer-based variants have only been around for 5 years or so.

You need to open port 6112 TCP in your router.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21109

Okay, so I’m configuring my router (after getting the brand name right, thanks a lot, dad) and I’m having trouble with something. I’ve gotten this far…

\

And I don’t know exactly what I want to fill in the circled field with.

I dunno what that router is but I expect you’d want to fill in what it says for the default.

I haven’t seen a router like that before. Some sort of modem/router combo junk?

What company made that thing? What model number is it?