Voltron, The Movie

Yeah I had a look at that. Hmmm, that would kind of explain why I’ve been unable to find GTA Vice City (by itself) over the past few years… however it was still sold in the triple pack (GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.) But these issues never really made it big (like in the media.) Reading that was the first time I’d heard about it. However the games are still sold today as M15+ (the uncut one… as mentioned by the article.) However in terms of the article, it was censored mainly for the sexual activity and prostitution aspects… not the violence specifically! But yeah, there still are censorship laws obviously, that’s the same in all countries. I just had the impression that America was more strict on there’s… that’s all.

Who’s on First, No Who’s On Second, What’s on First, Nerok Scores Big, Hazar on the Carpet, Planet of the Amazons

GTA San Andreas was pulled in the US because there was a mini intercourse game included that could be easily accessed through a third party hack. Obviously this creates legal issues. It’s OK to release a game that encourages the player to engage in and simulate mass murder of innocent civilians, but to show two clothed people having consensual sex? Completely unacceptable!

Doesn’t Australia block like half the Internet or something? Slip an extra shrimp on the barbie before criticizing US censorship, Kangaroo Jack.

Yeah I totally agree with you, that is ridiculous. I think censorship standards can be stupid in many countries (including here in Australia!)

Doesn’t Australia block like half the Internet or something? Slip an extra shrimp on the barbie before criticizing US censorship, Kangaroo Jack.

Okay, okay, there’s no need to make fun of me! ^^; I apologize if my last comment was kind of offensive… I just badly worded it. My original intention was to question whether the censorship was more strict in US for any specific reason.

I had no intention of criticizing it.

I’m just goofin around, thanks for being a good sport :cool:

No problem! :smiley:

I think the problem with censorship in America (not just in videogames) is that there are still people in power who grew up in a very restrictive generation (the 50’s and 60’s). While the rest of the country has turned more tolerant, you still see these people pandering from the pulpits. Thankfully I see more and more resistance to it now. I never expected I would see major openly-gay celebrities in my lifetime, for example. To say nothing of a Black President! Hopefully this open-mindedness will extend to the whole nation soon.