Voltron, The Movie

This one is not as unbelievable as some of the other movie links I’ve posted recently, what with the Transformers movies being such a hit now, but I still kind of wonder how they will handle it, since it was mostly “Power Rangers” kind of stuff that may be considered corny today. (Still, I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t thrilled by the FORM! BLAZING SWORD!! thing that they did every. single. episode. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Take a look at the conceptual art: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=33872

PS: I thought the Statue of Liberty was on an island, not a park? (Maybe it’s the smaller one in Las Vegas. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’ll wait to get excited for Thundercats. Although Voltron is probably my second favorite.

Voltron: Defender of [strike]The Universe[/strike] New York? This looks like… bad.

Well somebody’s got to defend New York against Godzilla.

Come 2012 (RE: Legendary Pictures G film) that very well may be necessary.

Practically everything bad that ever happens… happens to New York!

I could start a list… but my hands are already sore! :stuck_out_tongue:

As for Voltron, I never really heard about that until recently… I think that might have been before my time! But yeah, if it’s anything like the transformers movies… then it might be worth watching! …or maybe not.

Not just New York. There’s also L.A. and Tokyo if it happens in Japan (the rule of thumb there is that its not serious until the Tokyo Tower is destroyed and its always destroyed).

As for Voltron. If you’ve never heard about it until recently then its way before your time. Both Youtube and Hulu have it and you should probably give 'em a watch. One thing to remember about those shows is that they came out in the US back when references to death were frowned upon by society at the time and was edited in hilariously circuitous ways (usually by referring to the deaths as something else like getting lost in another dimension or substituting the real ship full of real civilians with a staged act).

Based on what was broadcast in the US, I enjoyed the Vehicle Voltron much more than Lion Force. Lion Force was about the bad guys attacking Planet Arus every episode, Nanny and the stupid mice. Vehicle Voltron was about space exploration and relations with the Drule Empire, which at least made for some variety and interesting episodes.

I’d be interested in seeing the original Voltron series fansubbed. I don’t think the hacked up product aired in the US was anything like the original version.

Name 8 episodes that were interesting.

Hazar Bucks the Empire, Letters from Home, That’s the Old Ball Game, Color Me Invisible, Revolt of the Slaves, The Planet Trap, Nerok Scores Big, Smashing the Meteor Barrier

Lol! I never really understood why the US is so sensitive about violent content in both films and games? Thanks anyway, I’ll keep that in mind! :smiley:

Isn’t there controversy in Australia over video games at times, too?

I don’t think they allow blood in their games, or anything above cartoon violence.

…name three more.

Very rarely… if any. I haven’t heard of any specific controversy due to video game violence in a fair while (perhaps since the early to mid 90s… can’t remember exactly.) But anything intense (in terms of blood/gore or just pure horror) is classified as MA15+ or R18 for extremities and sold. However, from what I know, it’s pretty serious stuff there in the US. By that I mean taking games of the market and stopping releases and all.

Correct me if I’m wrong… I’m just curious, that’s all! :stuck_out_tongue:

lol! that would be the day!

Yahtzee said that they turned the violence in No More Heroes into cartoon violence.

Yahtzee tends to exaggerate. He’s fun to watch though. :smiley:

Ghost Fleet From Another Planet, Hazar is Demoted, Peace - A Fish Story

It seems wikipedia has a relevant article. They seem to really dislike GTA for some reason.

name six more!