Virus alert

I know you all are smart enough for not catching computer viruses, but spread the news to your most lammer friends.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3410209.stm

Hmm, how stupid do you have to be to open these? I haven’t seen this myself, but I’ve received three viruses that claim to be from “admin@[domain]” with a bunch of giberish and claiming you need to open the giberish text file attachment to maintain your email adress. Obviously bull when it’s a college email.

Seriously, you’ve got to be a jerk to open one of those… no offense to the people of the… 87 countries -in which probably Argentina is included sob- that were affected by the virus…

I always delete all emails that aren’t from someone I know, so I shouldn’t have a problem with this one.

On another note, what kind of name for a virus is Bagel? o_O

A tasty one?

Who could be stupid enough to fall for that?

…And, about 8 months from now, Strong Bad will no doubt write a song about “Osigabdoy”. :get it?:

…And seriously, the odds of me falling for that are slim to bugger all. I’ve lost count of the amount of legitimate emails I’ve blasted for being too suspect… :wink:

I’ve been hit by that, not very hard though. It stopped at the second email.

I need to find an anti-virus program that is compatible with Windows 2003. You would imagine it would have been flooded with them by now, being a server operative system and all.

Yea, i got this email.

Deleted it though.