Virus Alert

Okay, I’m not really sure what’s going on, but in the past 24 hours, I’ve gotten a total of fifteen emails from various people with rpgclassics.com email addresses. I never emailed anyone here, and all of the emails were at least 100k, and some had attachments. I deleted them on sight, and I didn’t check to see who “emailed” me, but I think it has to do with that SoBig virus that’s making its rounds through the internet.

I just wanted to give everyone here a heads-up.

Edit: Oh yeah. One name was Hiryuu, I think. Something like that. >shrugs<

SoBig also takes your address book and fakes emails to you from everyone in it.

It might also be Sowsat, considering that one also travels IRC.

Virus threads, more virus threads, virus threads as far as the eye can see…

Wonder if I should make an anti-virus thread and thus declaring the bandwagon official? =P

Originally posted by Xelopheris
[b]SoBig also takes your address book and fakes emails to you from everyone in it.

It might also be Sowsat, considering that one also travels IRC. [/b]

I don’t use IRC, and only one person from rpgclassics.com is on my address book, and his email never showed up.

And, I didn’t look at any of the virus alert threads. I just wanted to let you guys know, that’s all.

Thank god no one has my address because everyone I know hates me for one reason or another.

I recently got a klez email virus, but for some reason there wasn’t any klez in it. Weird.

I usually delete most spam E-mails without even looking at them, and the only E-mails by RPGC I usually receive is Cid asking for a monthly progress report, so I never have too much trouble.