Villains for Spiderman 3

Cripes, I wonder how many people here have actually seen the movie…

He’s mentioned a few times in both movies. Mainly by JJJ, I believe. I’d have to watch them again. I might make a few sound files of it all. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only problem with the Venom plot line is that to properly institute anything close to the real thing, it needs way too much set up time. So either, they will A: crap out the plot horribly or B: avoid it as they should.

Now if the movies could encompass more than one villain plot, then maybe they could pull off the whole venom starts off as a spidy upgrade and then separates to join with a spidy hater, who now has the superdy-duper anti-spidy power of mimicing everything and not showing up on the radar screen of spidy-senses. But I doubt that they could manage to give proper credit to the set-up phase without taking too much time away from the Venom evilness phase.

As for Carnage, yes he was a psychotically cool dude in red who didn’t give a fuck about nodoby, which made him more dangerous than Venom, but thats yet another step in the plot that we would have to take, and I personally like movies that I don’t start refering to by episode number ::cough-Phantom-cough-Menace-cough::

as for which bad guy they will throw at good old Peter, my vote goes for no badguy, but instead just have the Human Torch and Spider-man get into one of their superhero play-fights that we all love so much.

I’m HOPING Venom and/or Carnage, simply because they’re that damned awesome. and what’s to stop them messing with the backstory to cut down on the set-up time? I think Lizardman is more likely though, for points previously mentioned.

They could just as easily have him acquire the black symbiote costume in the movie where he fights Lizard, defeat lizard just under half way through, experience problems with the costume, discard the costume, and be fighting Venom by the end of the movie. That would set up the whole “Seperation Anxiety” plot line for the 4th movie.

Though I’d really like to see the whole Sinister Six in a movie, I just don’t expect it.

What was Seperation Anxiety anyway? I never read any of the Spiderman comics except for the occassional freebe, so a lot of the mythos passed me by. I vaguely remember it having something to do with a bunch of vemon/carnage offshoots or something, one of them being female. Or was that something else? Arrrrgh. >_<

Yeah The sinister six would rule

Unless I’m getting my series titles majorly crossed (as I said in another thread, I wasn’t a huge spidey fan, I was always more into X-Factor/Excalibur/Fantastic Four), Seperation Anxiety was where Carnage first formed. Again, I could be wrong, but if it wasn’t when Carnage first showed up, it was the first major battle with him immediately thereafter. I kinda stopped having the chance to read comics at all about about 1994 anyway, so I don’t remember much about what happened. I’d love to jump back into things, but they started the FF from scratch and I don’t want to learn their history all over again, and Excalibur and X-Factor have been merged back into the X-Men, which also has been started over from scratch.

Sinister Six as a villain for a movie would be hard to do without reducing either the villains or spidey to bit parts (a-la-Batman, The Horde of Costars)

Oh, and leapfrog for the villain :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be The Lizard and Green Goblin 2. But I am worried about all these Green Goblins. I’m afraid the average viewer would get tired of that pretty quick. I think the next movie would have the Lizard and the second Green Goblin (or perhaps the first of two copy cat goblins, th eone that isn’t Harry. That’d be a great twist at the end of the movie). And JJJ’s son will go up and find the symbiote, and we’ll be left with the black suit at the end of the third movie.

That would work well. Be cool also. Maybe in the 4th, Spidey kills Venom, but gets wounded, a dies from the wounds. That’d be an ending!

Spiderman dieing would be a terrible ending.

Doesn’t JJJ’s son become Man-Wolf?

They should set up the Maximum Carnage storyline. Lossa people involved :smiley:

Helluva setup. If any of these scenarios happen though, Spirderman’ll be one of the few successful multi-part movie series that got past Part 3.

Yes, JJJ’s son becomes the Man Wolf.

I really think that Spiderman 2 was just a setup movie, and that the rest of the movies will follow that trend. Where there will be a few bad guys a movie and an underlying set up for the next movie, so that every movie leaves you with something that will make you want to come to the next one (like the Harry/Goblin 2 set up at the end of the second one)

I want Black Cat to appears. And two villains at once. 2 v 2. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Separation Anxiety” was, if I remember correctly, the first time Brock was separated from the black symbiote (for a long time, I mean.) It couldn’t be when Carnage first appeared, since Spidey and Venom teamed up against him.

(Btw, the reason they had to join forces was because Carnage was supposed to be STRONGER than both. Something later writers seem to have forgotten. Unless he was depowered in some story that I missed.)

Yeah, I agree with Sorc that each Spider-Movie will probably set up the characters for the next. Hey, if you gotta pad up a movie, might as well do so with something useful!

However, turning Harry into the Goblin or Hobgoblin might seem repetitive to the studio. Venom is probably Spidey’s most popular villain right now, so I think they will use him sooner or later.

As for what the EMOTIONAL side of the story will be, I’m betting Spid and MJ will FINALLY get married! Hey, they HAVE to resolve that sooner or later… and it’s a chance for a great Villain-Attack-During-The-Wedding scene! ^_~

And since it seems they’re not using Gwen Stacy, I hope they bring in Felicia (Black Cat) Hardy in for some romantic tension!

Well of course they’re getting married. Maybe not in the movie, but they will be :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the blonde girl, his land lords daughter, is Gwen Stacy. I don’t know that for sure, since they never gave her a name, but it’s a guess.