Video Games Live !

I don’t think a thread has been created for this. Basically, it’s a VGM concert touring the US and a couple of Canadian cities. It’s mostly orchestral in nature with a few special segments like one dedicated to retro-games like Space Invaders, Pong and Frogger O.o

Organized by two american composers: Tommy Tallarico(Earthworm Jim Series, Maximo Series, Advent Rising and many more…) and Jack Wall(Myst III : Exile, Myst IV : Revelation, Jade Empire and many more…).

So far, the list of games to have music performed is: Mario™, Zelda®, Halo®, Metal Gear Solid®, Warcraft®, Myst®, Final Fantasy®, Castlevania®, Medal of Honor™, Sonic™, Tron, Tomb Raider®, Advent Rising, Headhunter, Beyond Good & Evil™, Splinter Cell®, Ghost Recon™, Rainbow Six®, EverQuest® II and a special retro Classic Arcade Medley featuring over 20+ games from Pong® to Donkey Kong® including such classics as Dragon’s Lair, Tetris, Frogger, Gauntlet, Space Invaders & Outrun!

Tour Information and where to purchase tickets is found here.

I’ll try to make it to the Toronto Show. While I don’t agree with their approach(There is more to VGM than Orchestral music, where’s the Ys Rock, F-Zero jazz, Einhander techno, etc… ???), if it can convince more japanese corps that VGM concerts are appreciated here, then all the better. I’m mostly interested in the Medal of Honor, Castlevania and Retro segments, but I could very well end up surprised & entertained by other segments too !

I’m aware this will only interest a small group of people here, but this might be worth checking out ! Please go if it’s in your city and can afford it. The better success, the more chances for variety in the future :smiley:

Linky for additional info

Maybe they are going with an orchestral music angle because they are going to have orchestras performing the music.

You don’t say !! :open_mouth:

Seriously though, a few synths, guitars, saxophones, etc… thrown in there wouldn’t kill them =/

Bah! It’s always in the US or Canada.

I wouldn’t mind them coming to Manchester, England… If I may do most Europe if someone wouldn’t mind me on a couch/spareroom… nearer

Three days before I went home there was an AnimeCon there. And now to twist the knife ON MY BIRTHDAY this will be in a town within driving distance. Damn you, fate, for keeping me out of the country.

Whoa!!! I’ll probably goto the Vancouver show. Sounds pretty cool.

Yes! There coming to Austin! Thanks a bunch DG for this.

Yeah, it’s quite neat, I forgot where I saw it, though… but… meh… I think I’d feel awkward sitting around for a few hours… or more. I guess… I wouldn’t feel comfortable in a somewhat social atmosphere.

Sounds kinda cool but man I hate Tommy Tallarico soooo much… :mwahaha:

Gasp! Vancouver! =o

In the QE! Not a shitty place! Oh oh ooohhhhhh must go.

:kissy: