Versus

Last night I want to the mall with a few friends and found this movie so I decided to do a little review.

The plot boils down to an escaped convict facing his destiny of defeating some guy in a forest where the dead come back to life as zombies. The plot isn’t very good but it’s made up for by the massive amounts of violence.

The zombies are just thrown in so the hero and villains have something to shoot and stab. The battles are, as I said before, ridiculously violent and filled with blood and gore and almost any type of fight you could think of is in there: Swords, guns, and good ol’ fashioned fist fights.

While the plot is underwhelming, The action scenes make the movie worth checking out.

Originally posted by Vic_Viper
While the plot is underwhelming, The action scenes make the movie worth checking out.

:fungah: :noway: :wave:

Sounds… stupid.

I avoid movies like that. Something is wrong when a movie rely on special effects and violence instead of a plot. It’s much like when a game rely on graphics instead of gameplay.

I havnt even heard of this one.

psh, zombie movies own.

Originally posted by Nulani
I avoid movies like that. Something is wrong when a movie rely on special effects and violence instead of a plot. It’s much like when a game rely on graphics instead of gameplay.

…how many people loved Kill Bill, again? :stuck_out_tongue:
Nah, I kid. I loved that movie :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Shinobi
psh, zombie movies own.

If you can seriously say you liked House of the Dead, I will hate your forever.

thats an exeption >_>

It’s a B-Movie about zombies, so it’s pretty much a fact that the little plot there is is ridiculous and just there so the characters have an excuse to make tons of zombies explode. That’s what makes zombie movies own. If you liked stuff like Kill Bill and zombie movies (Dead Alive, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead, etc.) You’ll like this.

Originally posted by Gackt
…how many people loved Kill Bill, again? :stuck_out_tongue:
Nah, I kid. I loved that movie :stuck_out_tongue:

Points to “Favorite Movie” in profile

Brain Dead is a zombie movie that has a very solid plot.

New guy here, joined up and all of a sudden I see a thread about a Japanese Zombie flick.

I never knew it got a R1 Release, what extras does the DVD have?

I want to pick this movie up BADLY, so many people I know love it to death :hahaha;

So many people love it because because it’s great. :stuck_out_tongue:

And to answer your question: The only extras on it were the trailers.

EDIT: to Ren- Well yeah, but Brain Dead was an exception.

Versus is awesome. I love movies that have that sort of ridiculous funny violence. My favorite part was where the one red-haired guy (no introduction or tie to the story, he just comes out of NOWHERE) punches a huge hole in his opponent’s head and rips out his eyes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I was cracking up at that part. I also thought the ending of the fight with the red haired guy where he takes his sun glasses after he beats his head in with the rock was hilarious.

Hmmm…I liked Kill Bill…
I’ll check it out.

I liked evil dead and army of darkness, but I might not check this one out. I don’t care that much to rot my brain anymore than I already do.

Originally posted by Shinobi
psh, zombie movies own.

Ya man, zombie movies kick ass. That old black and white zombie movie, Night Of The Living Dead, is like one of the coolest movies man.