Variety Pack

I don’t think studying cryptozoology will prove anything exists, because it is like proving ‘dinosaurs’, ‘ghosts’, ‘vampires’, ‘the one’, and ‘spectres’ exist.
Insofar the human sensors and perception do not justify the means of existence either; Then again, it is up to you people, to decide how to add that to your wisdom.

I do disgustingly little reading.

As for Bigfoot and Nessie et al, age has made me ambivalent. I don’t think I was really into the stuff when I was a kid, and I certainly don’t care now. Call me/Wake me when we’ve got conclusive and real scientific “Yes it is real” evidence, and until then shut up.

Mythical and Legendary monsters can be a little fun to fool around with, but it’s nothing to be taken seriously.

As for conspiracies, well, I think Americans are too fond of the notion of conspiracy; we as a people are fascinated by the idea of the conspiracy and I think we tend to “see it” more than other people, and often when it isn’t really there. Maybe we watch too many of our own films…

As for the insurance company thingy? Well…phobias are something companies of all sorts (not just insurance) exploit for further profit, not something they reward people financially for. It’s easier to sell somebody insurance “against” something they’re afraid of (as if a wad of cash was some sort of aegis shield). No, it’s not a fully rational process. But then, it doesn’t have to be.
Besides, phobias can be faced down and overcome/cured. A person’s phobia set is very open to change.