Valkyrie Profile; WTF?

The skill system really remind of me DnD…

Dude its more like Star Ocean than anything rimshot

Ive never played ToD2, but I have played the first one a bit. It was alright. The battle music kicked ass.

Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Eternia/Tales of Destiny II
Tales of Symphonia

And really, I could care less about ToD2’s storyline (although it was pretty good. ToP’s storyline was kinda cheesy, but the way they executed made it seem original and really cool :P), because the battling is SO SWEET. It’s sweeter than a pound of aspertine in a banana split soaked in maple syrup and coated with chocolate.

Gasp It’s nothing like Star Ocean!

And ToE is nothing like ToD. The characters look more human-lifelike, rather than plushie-cute style.

Also, why can’t I use Arngrim’s three-hit combo attack now!? I didn’t change his equipment or anything and now I can’t use it at all (I got the Dragon Slayer btw). All I did was allocate his Capacity points and add Llewelyn to the party (who I took off again becase he was rubbish). S’not fair. ;_;

EDIT: Oh, that’s why. It broke. Damnit. >:|

I was gonna warn you against that…I dunno why I didnt…yeah you’re gonna need that in upcoming CO’s…you’ll get another one later on. Only equip it when you need to beat a dragon.

Start on Hard.

I played only on Hard myself, and a little on normal. There’s hardly a difference. If you take time to milk exp and such and plan your playing, it’s just as easy than Normal.

Oh yes…

Read on an FAQ on how to get the A ending. It’s not easy to get just like that.

B Ending litteraly sucks. :smiley:

Yeah Pierson, Hard is actually a lot more fun :confused: And you get access to more Einherjar in Hard Mode. And you get to fight the Tombs of Amenti guy! It’s the number one dungeon you will ever face that will make you want to spit on the tv! But yeah that boss is the best boss in the whole game I think, cuz his music kicks ass. And his egyptian attire. Most fun boss to me.

Yeah, I’m starting again anyway, since I wasted a coupla periods flying around and doing sod all, THEN broke the Dragon Blade, THEN got a rubbishy fourth char. :frowning: Better luck next time, so I may as well start on hard. :smiley:

Save your ‘thing-slayer’ weapons and use them only when you absolutly NEED IT. Dont waste your Dragon Slayer on Dragon Slaves… Trust me, you’ll thanks yourself for it. Specialy in Lezard’s Tower – the fight against him is gonna be a piece of cake with Dragon Slayer.

Remember that rule with the Raven slayer, and the other slayers as well.

Since it’s your first time playing and you’re going back to do Hard, you should consider keeping one of these characters as follows- Arngrim, Kashell, Aelia, Lawfer or Belanus, as fighters. Some monsters will just annoy the hell out of you. Yes they will. All characters above are powerhouses, with the last three being tied for most powerful Purify Weird Soul. The shitty thing about Aelia and Lawfer is, that you only start getting decent spears in like chapter 4-5 so they might slow you down. But they pay off in the end. Mages dont matter, since their stats are all the same (though different when starting out)

And yeah, make SURE you get the 8 Flame Jewels. They are scattered throughout a few dungeons in Hard Mode. With them, you can get into certain doors in the Seraphic Gate.

And and and make sure you get the Creation Jewel in Lezard’s tower in Chapter 4. With it, you can transmute items into better items.

And and and in chapter 2, things may start to get frustrating in the Salerno Academy, oh yes. I hope you have lots of patience. You’ll need it throughout Hard.

Man i need to replay this so bad,it’s been a long time since i had played it (now if my friend would just give me back my strategy guide).I actually forgot who is who so refresh my memory,which one is Belanus?

Eww, too much things to read >_< I hate when I’m late for a thread and get it when it’s already big.

Anyway, I think Actraiser and Diablo are yet less RPG like than VP.

I have the patience of a mountain range. I fear no boring and/or long task!

I’ve started playing the game ‘for real’ now, being able to actually, y’know, do stuff. It’s damned cool. :smiley:

I just hope that patience of your’s can endure the all so diabolical Tower of Lezard Valeth and the Seraphic gate,I just hated those two places to no end especialy the tower.

Belanus was the nobleman who lived in Lassen. Had a sword.

And yeah, Lezard’s tower is trying. It’s easy once you pick up the pattern in navigation, but still, it’s just annoying. The music, while cool at first, is gauranteed to drive you INSANE by the time you reach Lezard himself. Very fitting music cuz you’ll be hearing it a lot.

Dude how can you hate the gate?! You can get ultra cool guy Brahms. Just look at him, he kicks much ass. A face only a mother could love.

The only 2 reasons I hate the gate is JUST ONE FEREAKING SAVE POINT!!! and I tried to do it in normal mode that was a big mistake,I still have to finish the gate in hard mode which should be much better.

Question Eva,which are your favorite characters,and any bad expirences from the Cave of Oblivion?

Haha try the Cave of Trials in Star Ocean the Second Story…it has 12 levels, unavoidable random encounters, and no save point :slight_smile:

Uuum my favorite characters are KASHELL (!) cuz he rocks and actually has an outstanding personality, Aelia cuz of her PWS and she looks cool and hits hard, Shiho cuz…I like the way she chants when she performs Celestial Star, and Jun cuz I like his voice (Mugen no jenson! Blade Arrrrt!) I like some others, but not as much as these guys. Oh oh and I like Brahms. I haven’t gotten him yet, but I still think he looks cool, and he looks like a mad powerhouse.

For the cave uuum plenty of bad experiences, though i’ve defeated monsters in it, in Hard mode in Chapter 1 and 2, cuz of strategies I’ve made up, though I only won with luck (hurrah for Icicle Edge freezing really tough monsters!). In the later chapters I dont bother fighting anything…I do in the early chapters to gain much needed EXP. Needless to say, this can take a couple tries and I have been wiped out before :frowning:

Ahhh, so VP has the typical huge-multi-levelled-dungeon-of-increasign-difficulty eh? >:D

Well Pierson when you enter the Cave of Oblivion you will understand :mwahaha:

Well Kashell is one of my favorite character’s too, Arngrim is a must have in my party,Jun is also one of my favorite characters too (Too bad his not useful for the secret bosses of the game) and Lucian because of his third hit.Mages that’s a tough choice for me so i really can’t say.

The worst expirence i had with the cave of oblivion was the first time i played,come on Krakens? the compleatly devasteded me.

But something’s been bugging my mind ever since the first time i got the good ending:What did that little exchange of words between Arngrim and Brams meant?