USM: United States of Mexico

No, really, that’s the country’s name.

Confirmation:
http://www.ciesin.org/decentralization/English/CaseStudies/mexico.html

Actually, this is a possible translation. The original in Spanish goes Estados Unidos Mexicanos, which would translate better as “Mexican United States”.

So, how does it feel, knowing that the US border the Mexican US?

US-lite, as it’s been said before.

Take a page from Front Mission and call all of the Americas the USN. That’d be something.

Ren: You forgot to mention that, in Spanish, USA is shortened EEUU instead of EU, apparently to avoid confusion with the EUM. I always thought that was odd. Why not just EUA? Then again, people around here have always resented that the US claims the name America for itself, when it’s the name of the whole New World.

:fungah: …Why am I having a “Good Morning Vietnam” flashback now?

It’s totally retarded they call America the “United STates of America”, and North America “North America”. America should just be America

And Mexico should just be Mexico, because Mexico isn’t in America

And it’s dumb they call Britian “England” and then the “UK”. Britian sounds cooler

Wil: EEUU seems like lengthening instead of shortening to me O.o How do you spell it in its full form?

north america is canada and the US
mexico is part of central america
brazil is part of south america
the US came about after they were named
so uh
well, basara’s a fuckwit

It’s a God damn continent, that’s why. Go bitch to Amerigo Vercuspi if you have a problem. The UK is Scotland, Wales, and England, that’s why that have that name. I guess Northern Ireland as well, but don’t tell them that.

:hint: England is a part of the UK, along with Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
America is a continent, the United States of America is a part of the continent, hence the use of the word “of”.
The use of the word “America” is a slang term referring to the USA. A lot of people get mad about the use of the word “America” to refer to the USA since the word America is describing 2 continents, not just one country. :hint:

Edit: HOLY SHIT! YOU’RE 20 YEARS OLD AND DON’T KNOW THIS!

Okay, you are totally retarded.

Continent: North America
Countries in North America or having Territory in North America: Mexico, Canada, United States of America, Greenland, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Britain, the Netherlands, and France.

As you can see, Mexico is in there. So is the USA. The only reason the USA is known as “America” to most people is because people are lazy and can’t call it by it’s full name. Which is why Canada needs to assimilate it and rename it.

Central America is less of a continental divide and more of some cultural thing. So, Steve, North America does include Mexico. Xelo’s list, for once, is pretty exhaustive.

Dude…

Do you have Downs Syndrome or something?

We all say “Estados Unidos” simply because “Eh Eh Uh Uh” sounds terribly retarded. According to my geography teacher, acronyms for plural words have the letters repeated twice, just like FFAA (Fuerzas Armadas/Armed Forces).

And no, I don’t know WHY it’s like that.

Meh, I was taught a lot about central/south america for four years by my spanish teacher who lived there most of her life, I consider it a geographical thing :stuck_out_tongue:

I knew NOrth America is a continent, I just think it’s dumb they call it North America. They should call it something else. US should be called America, and South America should be called something else

I didn’t know about the whole UK thing, though. They should call it Britain anyways

It’s a God damn continent, that’s why. Go bitch to Amerigo Vercuspi if you have a problem.

Did he discover North and South America before the united states was made?

The use of the word “America” is a slang term referring to the USA.

No it’s not. Plus, if it wasn’t called america, Team America would be called Team United States Of America which would be totally dumb :hyperven:

Why should North America have claim on the name? If anyone, it should be one of the Spanish-speaking countries as, technically speaking, this entire continent sort of belongs to Spain/Portugal under the “We saw it first” rule. Then again, it would belong to the Vikings, but that’s another story.

Amérigo Vespucci was an Italian serving the Spanish queen. He was the one who figured out Columbus hadn’t hit India, but a new continent.

1-Yes it is.
2-The validity of your sources astounds me.

Actually, it would belong to the American Indians.

No, the ice age men.

Well, I guess it could be worse than NOrth America

The ice age men would be the same as the American Indians.

Honestly, I don’t see how you’re able to breathe with the way your brain works.
Let’s look at the word “Native American,” shall we?
“Native”
Originating, growing, or produced in a certain place or region; indigenous
Being a member of the original inhabitants of a particular place.
Of, belonging to, or characteristic of such inhabitants

American is a term we toss onto the end of it after the naming of the continent for america. Before the formation of the united states.
Your claim of “Ice age men” is horribly wrong.

(copied from dictionary.com’s definition of “native american”)
“A member of any of the indigenous peoples of the Western Hemisphere. The ancestors of the Native Americans are generally considered by scientists to have entered the Americas from Asia by way of the Bering Strait sometime during the late glacial epoch.”

Meaning Native Americans were the first ones there. They didn’t name it, so someone else named it the Americas (presumably after Amerigo Vespucci).