Urge to kill... rising.

I’m honestly suprised. I’d have no trouble believing he’d say something like this.

Look at the KKK. They’re a hate group that is not focused on religion. They’re a frigging joke. When is the last time you heard of them lynching a black person? But then look at the anti-abortion people who mail bombs to doctors who perform abortions.

They weren’t a joke when they were started. They were extremely dangerous. And when was the last time anti-abortionists mailed a bomb to a doctor?

It seems to me that the religion-based hate groups are more likely to go around killing people.

Let’s take the most completely outrageous hate that’s ever been promulgated: the Holocaust. More people died there than anywhere else in recent memory. I’m not talking about wars, but violence against individuals. And most of those deaths were caused solely by hate, not by politics or expansionism or anything else. It was racism. Not religion. The only reason you’re saying it’s “more likely” now is because fanatic Islamism is the new fad of violence. It wasn’t always that way.

I’m don’t want to get into another long-winded debate with you Cid, no offense. I don’t have the energy today.

Unfortunately, they’re in there, which means some people (fundamentalists most likely) will not only take them home, but introduce them to their folks. These rules do us more harm than good as a society nowadays because we’re so large. However, if you’re a handful of desert nomads, it’s good to discourage nonbreeding sexual activity (you’re wasting good protien on that cow, son), familial strife, causing intrafamilial tension and jealousy, stealing a child, and letting your competition for scarce resources live.

However, just because it’s religion-based hate doesn’t mean that other sorts of hate don’t exist or are somehow less gruesome. There’s people who hate the poor, because they’re dirty; or that hate religious people, because they’re backwards; <b>or that hate conservatives, because conservatives hate others.</b> Racism, sexism… none of them have to do with religion. And almost everyone in the world hates someone for some reason. The fact that someone brings God into his hatred shouldn’t make it any worse than someone who dishes it out of his own moral compass. The only hate which is different from the others is the kind that you act upon or actively exhort others to act upon. Otherwise, it’s just talk. Whatever you say about Robertson, he’s never told people to lynch or kill gays or lesbians, which is something that plenty of imams have done with regard to Jews.

(emphasis mine)

Care to qualify that statement? Do conservatives necessarily hate others? Moreso than other political demographics (I’ve heard many liberals and radicals profess a hatred of conservatives or one conservative in general, or of religious people).

Conservatism is hardly a buddy-buddy group, either. Plenty of animosity between different camps and between individuals, who all have a theory about how government should be made to work.

And by the way, I think Pat Robertson would be far too chicken and attached to himself to be a suicide bomber. You need a real fire, a real firm belief that what you’re doing will bring you paradise, because if you’re wrong, you’re in deep brown stuff; and from what I’ve seen of Robertson, he’s never put his money where his mouth is.

It could be that he’s got money that he could be putting in his mouth.

I suppose this is why material wealth is supposed to be bad. If you have something to lose, it’s hard to have absolute faith in God.

Not to mention that religion isn’t truly backward; faith can really help one lead a happy and healthy life, even if one’s economic status isn’t conducive to more “advanced” forms of hedonism.

[edit]FLASH: <A HREF=“http://www.snopes.com/politics/katrina/robertson.asp”>It’s fake, repeat, it’s fake!</a>. We’ve been arguing over basically nothing. Woo. Thanks to Steve for catching me after skipping GGC’s short post. #rpgclassics fo eva!

lol

Care to qualify that statement? Do conservatives necessarily hate others? Moreso than other political demographics (I’ve heard many liberals and radicals profess a hatred of conservatives or one conservative in general, or of religious people).

Conservatism is hardly a buddy-buddy group, either. Plenty of animosity between different camps and between individuals, who all have a theory about how government should be made to work.

I know, that’s what I was trying to say. There are people who hate conservatives because they [hate others/want to destroy the world/want to pull us back to the Stone Age] whereas conservatives hate liberals because they [kill babies/destroy morals/encourage terrorism]. Insert excuse here. Hatred isn’t limited to any one thing at all. The only difference is if you act on that hate.

It’s good that it was fake, but that doesn’t mean the discussion we veered off onto is fake. :sunglasses:

What’s really ironic is how much sarcasm is flying back and forth in a thread started by a hoaxed news article.

My fault, anyway, sorry. Should have paid attention when the voices in my head said “you sure someone isn’t baggypantsing Cid?”

In my own defense, I didn’t know the article was fake when I posted it.

I didn’t post it to start an arguement, or to rile up Cid.

Even though the article is fake, he’s still a uptight bigot.

Well, I’m all for intellectual discourse for its own sake, but some of us entered into this thinking there was some sort of purpose to it, that being the discussion of current events, however unrelated to our actual lives.

In other words, some might consider this a waste of our Copious Free Time.

Man, you want a waste of Copious Free Time, go check out the “combination of FFs for PS3” thread on the FFCompendium. That should give you a few kicks.

No. I have neither your deity-like patience nor Herculean stamina.

Besides, there’s no way I’d take on a 10 page thread around here, not unless I’d been following it since the beginning. My brain would overload.

This is beyond ridiculous.What does a lesbian have to do with a hurricane?Jesus Christ, she even helped afterwards and raised alot to support the tragic fuckin outcome.I never understood how religion fanatics are always talking about God and his helping ways and peace,brotherhood,morals,etc.etc. and yet they are pretty much the most trigger happy people I know.Pretty ironic to me.

This just in.

Poster reveals article to be fake!
“Ohshi-” said a stunned poster, as his overreaction is laughed at!

Lol.

…thats wasnt overreacting actually

Meh, it was said so many times in the thread, thought it was kinda obvious :smiley:

Yeah, even though it is fake, he IS a fucking nutjob. Observe:

“Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It’s no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.”