Urge to kill... rising.

ROBERTSON BLAMES HURRICANE ON CHOICE OF ELLEN DEGENERES TO HOST EMMYS-Lesbian is New Orleans native

http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2005/09/05/robertson-blames-hurricane-on-choice-of-ellen-deneres-to-host-emmys/

Hollywood - Pat Robertson on Sunday said that Hurricane Katrina was God’s way of expressing its anger at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for its selection of Ellen Degeneres to host this year’s Emmy Awards.

“By choosing an avowed lesbian for this national event, these Hollywood elites have clearly invited God’s wrath,” Robertson said on “The 700 Club” on Sunday. “Is it any surprise that the Almighty chose to strike at Miss Degeneres’ hometown?”

Robertson also noted that the last time Degeneres hosted the Emmys, in 2001, the September 11 terrorism attacks took place shortly before the ceremony. “This is the second time in a row that God has invoked a disaster shortly before lesbian Ellen Degeneres hosted the Emmy Awards,” Robertson explained to his approximately one million viewers.“America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.”

Robertson added that other tragedies of the past several years can be linked to Degeneres’ growing national prominence. September, 2003, for example, is both the month that her talk show debuted and when insurgents first gained a foothold in Iraq following the successful March invasion. “Now we know why things took a turn for the worse,” he explained.

In order to avoid further tragedy, Robertson called not only for the Television Academy to find a new heterosexual host, but to bar all homosexuals and bisexuals from taking part in the ceremony.

He said employees at the Christian Broadcasting Network had put together a list of 283 nominees, presenters, and invited guests at the Emmys known to be of sexually deviant persuasions. “God already allows one awards show to promote the homosexual agenda,” Robertson declared. “But clearly He will not tolerate such sinful behavior to spread beyond the Tonys.”

:noway: I frigging hate people so much.

Hey! I like Ellen! Her talk show is really funny. Now let’s dance :dancer: .

On a more serious note, I find this really insulting, considering the amount of money she has raised for hurricane relief efforst.

:thinking: sighs some people…it’s people like THAT who get Christians branded as intolerant, uptight, and narrowminded. personally, i think the guy’s gone off the deep end. he probly thinks he saw God in his mirror this morning too.

I see no difference between this douchebag and the muslem extremists who blow themselves up.

They both twist and pervert the words of a decent religion to fit their own hate-filled agenda.

Well, he’s not using violence, but he could possibly incite it.

The actions might not be the same, but the mentality is the same.

The whole planet is circling the bowl. I just hope that I’ll be around to see the end.

Have people rally around a new evil! XD

Like me?

*Sigh. Fanatics.

No, me.

I don’t think you can compare someone saying that lesbians shouldn’t host award ceremonies to someone going out and killing innocent and helpless civilians. Of course they’re both intolerant, but most people are intolerant in some way. It’s just that Robertson has a few more screws loose than normal and has a larger audience than normal. There’ve always been crazies on soapboxes.

Cid- I’m comparing the fact that both believe that God destroys people who act a certain way and condones the destruction of said people.

And that God will kill innocent masses as retribution for something an individual did.

The difference is that the jihadis think that God’s instrument is themselves and are willing to take their ideas into their own hands, whereas Robertson is a harmless kook who’ll twist what already exists to suit his own ideas.

But regardless of God’s “instrument,” they both believe that God condones the killing of innocent people.

I’m not saying they’re equally as dangerous, they’re obviously not. But they both have the same hate-filled mentality which is dangerous on its own.

I believe that if Pat Robertson was born in the Middle East, he would be a suicide bomber.

EDIT: And I don’t think Robertson is harmless at all. How is preaching hate ever harmless?

Agreed about the bomber theory. and i think that there are more than just a few idiots on soapboxes. in a country where everyone is allowed to express their opinions, there will be a LOT of morons on boxes, soap, or any other kind they can lay their hands on.

Anyone who takes the Bible too seriously is going to preach hatred against innocent people. The Bible says that homosexuality (the act) is punishable by death, as is cursing your father, adultery, kidnapping… there’s all sorts of references to wiping out men, women, and children of countries you invade. Most people, though, realize that those sorts of things aren’t what you’re supposed to take home from the Bible.

However, just because it’s religion-based hate doesn’t mean that other sorts of hate don’t exist or are somehow less gruesome. There’s people who hate the poor, because they’re dirty; or that hate religious people, because they’re backwards; or that hate conservatives, because conservatives hate others. Racism, sexism… none of them have to do with religion. And almost everyone in the world hates someone for some reason. The fact that someone brings God into his hatred shouldn’t make it any worse than someone who dishes it out of his own moral compass. The only hate which is different from the others is the kind that you act upon or actively exhort others to act upon. Otherwise, it’s just talk. Whatever you say about Robertson, he’s never told people to lynch or kill gays or lesbians, which is something that plenty of imams have done with regard to Jews.

And by the way, I think Pat Robertson would be far too chicken and attached to himself to be a suicide bomber. You need a real fire, a real firm belief that what you’re doing will bring you paradise, because if you’re wrong, you’re in deep brown stuff; and from what I’ve seen of Robertson, he’s never put his money where his mouth is.

But I am offended by the religion-based hate because it is so damn rampant, and tends to be more fanatical and destructive. And, to do terrible things in the name of God is worse, in my opinion, than doing terrible things for personal reasons.

Look at the KKK. They’re a hate group that is not focused on religion. They’re a frigging joke. When is the last time you heard of them lynching a black person? But then look at the anti-abortion people who mail bombs to doctors who perform abortions.

It seems to me that the religion-based hate groups are more likely to go around killing people.

Now that’s just plain ridiculous.

He’d talk the others into doing it while he hung back and built a reputation as a “spiritual leader”. And raked in money.

Actually, I like it when Pat Robertson says shit like this. This and calling for the assassination of Hugo Chavez, and so on. Because there’s far too many people in this country who think Pat Robertson is a good person, and the more he spews this sort of delusional hatred, the more likely those people will hopefully start to see that he is not.

To quote a wise young man:
“Man I hate white people
they steal other peoples shit
then they embezzle millions
start wars and shit killing people that aren’t white
or, in their eyes aren’t white
then y’know what else
they smell.
white people. smell.
god i hate them
<.<;”

Actualy they hate Roman Cathoilcs as well.

Yeah!

KILL WHITEY!!!

EDIT:

I know. I meant that they don’t really use religion as support for their hate.