Urge to kill CN...rising...

Okay, I’m sure somebody said this already, and it might just be a rumor, but here it is.

In a couple weeks, Cartoon Network is taking Dragonball Z off the air. Yes, for good, it seems. Before you start doing your little dances of victory, though, let me tell you what they’re replacing it with:

Dragonball GT.

So they’re taking a good series off…only to replace it with a very, VERY below-average sequel series that has nothing to do with the plot. Not only that, but Funimation cut out the first fifteen episodes, and has mentioned almost no plans to release them. Those are needed to explain a little thing called “the plot”. Now people see Goku as a kid and don’t know what the fuck happened.

Okay, enough bashing Funimation for now. Let’s bash CN, okay? Now, I’ll be the first to admit that DBZ isn’t close to perfect, but look at it in context. It’s aimed at kids. The morons who dubbed the beginning seasons screwed up, and then Funimation had to stick with them because the people that were WATCHING the show would know if something royally changed. But still, CN has to have quality control somewhere. GT is NOT even close to a good series. I’ll watch DBZ multiple times, due to the fact that it can be good when they stop screaming and powering up. GT, however, has nothing going for it. At first, it’s nothing but bad jokes. Then it becomes fighting again, with fights that are even more pointless than DBZ’s!

Okay, sorry, I’m off-topic again. I will watch an episode of GT once, but that’s it. I have a few subs on my computer, which I’m probably going to delete soon. And although I think DBZ is better, it is getting old, and should probably go on into that big TV in the sky.

There. Now ignore the thread.

You’re right DBGT is the worst of the three series. But for all those that have never seen it(as in all who don’t have internet or don’t live on the border and can watch the whole thing practically unedited in spanish) will have a chance to see it and maybe give CN some tips on buying good anime. :moogle:

Well, at least we won’t have to worry about re-runs for a while, at the least.

A few shows on CN aren’t having reruns, and they left out the funny episode names in DBGT.

Oh well. Taking one DB and adding another doesn’t help much. They should just trash it all together.

GT, huh.

It’s crappy. Z was better…until the Frieza Saga

BTW: Welcome to the boards Kairi.

Deep breath I know I’m gonna be bashed for this…

I liked GT. Not as much as Z but still. I thought it was okay, especially Bebi.

And we already had it on CNX and it finished a while ago.

I’ve had a saying about how you can tell that something is an anime:

Whoever dubbed the English version didn’t even TRY to get the voices to match up with the characters’ mouth movements.

CN is taking away all the good shows; Rorouni Kenshin to name one, right before the ending episodes. They also took away Yu Yu Hakusho for a while.

Honestly. All the decent anime gets taken off. First they cut Yu Yu Hakusho right at the start of the finals of the Dark Tournament. Then they put Rurouni Kenshin to the axe and put it on Saturday lineup, in favor of what? Justice League. Which doesn’t even deserve to be anywhere. And they laud DBZ as “the best action cartoon show on the planet,” when it’s clearly some of the crappiest anime ever (as animes go, anyway), PLUS they claim that their Kid Buu saga is “world premiere” when it’s fourteen years old. And they take off DB, too (easily the best of the series).

In short: CN must die. p:unch:: p:unch:: p:unch::

Originally posted by SSJ Crono
[b]Honestly. All the decent anime gets taken off. First they cut Yu Yu Hakusho right at the start of the finals of the Dark Tournament. Then they put Rurouni Kenshin to the axe and put it on Saturday lineup, in favor of what? Justice League. Which doesn’t even deserve to be anywhere. And they laud DBZ as “the best action cartoon show on the planet,” when it’s clearly some of the crappiest anime ever (as animes go, anyway), PLUS they claim that their Kid Buu saga is “world premiere” when it’s fourteen years old. And they take off DB, too (easily the best of the series).

In short: CN must die. p:unch:: p:unch:: p:unch:: [/b]

Okay, I must risk my neck and point out a few things.

First, Justice League is NOT crap. It’s not the greatest, but I actually kinda like it. It’s a lot better than some of those other shitty superhero shows, that’s for sure. And they’re FINALLY getting new episodes!

Second, I like DBZ. I really do. Like Justice League, I’ll admit it’s not the greatest, and doesn’t deserve the title “best action cartoon”, but it’s still good AS LONG AS YOU REMEMBER IT WAS A KID’S SHOW! They aimed it at a very different age group than your average anime viewers (which are in their teens at least). I do agree, though; Dragonball was better. They should start showing the King Piccolo saga, now that it’s out.

And third, I don’t know about this exactly, but maybe it was the world ENGLISH PREMIER of Kid Buu. It also may have been the world ENGLISH TELEVISION PREMIER, for those that don’t have hundreds of dollars to shell out on getting all the DVDs. When you take things like that TOO literally, it loses the meaning.

There. You may have my neck if you wish.

Nah, I don’t want your neck.

…What do you mean, what do I have behind my back? No, I do NOT have a lethal weapon! Why are you advancing on me like that? I’m not! Really! sniffle

Heh… he bought it… :mwahaha:

No, just kidding. I respect your opinions. And I respect your fics! :victoly:

Originally posted by SSJ Crono
[b]Nah, I don’t want your neck.

…What do you mean, what do I have behind my back? No, I do NOT have a lethal weapon! Why are you advancing on me like that? I’m not! Really! sniffle

Heh… he bought it… :mwahaha:

No, just kidding. I respect your opinions. And I respect your fics! :victoly: [/b]

He respects my fics! Yay!

GALLOWAY GAINS 1 EGO POINT(S)!

guess what. dragonball sucks. so does watching anime on TV. get a job, a dvd player, and hook yourself up with enough anime to make you stop bitching whenever a cable tv network changing their schedule from one shitty television program to another.

word.