Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Actually, there WAS a B&B game for the SNES.

It was one of my favorites, but it had almost no text and nearly no speech.

i, too, learned to read through ff4…i didn’t learn anything else through videogames…:frowning:

I learned to read by picking up a newspaper when I was 3.

I learned to add and subtract large numbers by playing ff4, I also learned how to annoy one of my friends from it.

Originally posted by Sapphire Falcon
I also learned how to annoy one of my friends from it.

how were you annoying your friend, exactly?

Well, at somepoint, I remember I would hum Rydia’s theme, it drove him crazy, I think I also taught his little sister how to hit him on his head. (He and I were six, she was one, he also has a head like solid rock)

i wish i’d thought of doing that to my friends…:frowning:

I learned numerals from FF. So much for video games being non-educational.

I learnt about english Grammer n stuff through a couple of RPGs…I came back to RPGC, and suddenly forgot it all :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, what Rud does to the english language is illegal in 15 states…but sadly, is national policy in Australia v.v

Anyway, long as we’re discussing our geniusnesses…geni…um, forget it…I actually learned to spell when I was 2 from Wheel of Fortune. Unfortunately, this caused me to rack up a $350,000 tab by the end of primary school on account of ll those vowels I had to buy. But I also learned numbers from The Price is Right so it evened out.

I dunno X. I’d say you overbid. Quite often.

I learned to count and spell from school. Aren’t I pathetic?

SS: Not even close. And I could fuck you up in One Away. Bitch.

I discovered RPG when I was 13 so I didn’t learn too much from them.

My brother learned from Mario on snes. I learned nothing from a video game besides beating the living day lights out of someone…

PH33R ME!p:unch:: :o

Let’s see… I personally learned to read so I could play Zelda 2. My dad wouldn’t let me play it at first because it mainly delt with reading. So it was a learning tool and a motive.
As for anyone who says video games are not a learning tool, they couldn’t be farther from the truth. I’ve honostly learned extreme hand-eye coordination because of my many years as a gamer. Not to mention the ability to learn to control virtually anything in a short amount of time. Most people can’t chew gum and walk at the same time. Thanks to video games I can walk, chew gum, talk on a cell phone, and play my GBA all at the same time.
As for learning a launguage… luckly I already know english well enough. Now I’m working on Japanese. But aren’t we all?

I only remember my old Killer Codes for Mortal Kombat.

And Pirates of Dark Water, Ocarina of Time and Planescape: Torment taught me how to speak english.