Ultimate Lan machine?

Check out this, this new computer is only 6.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall making it easily portable. It has a CD/DVD drive, ethernet, 2 usb2 and a firewire port. And weighs just 2.9 pounds.
Sounds like the ultimate lan computer right?

WRONG!!

It is a Mac, so you are never going to be able to play games against anyone else.

At least the network setup will be effortless. I spent all day yesterday trying to get my dad’s Windows computer to talk to his router and when i left at 11:30 last night I still couldn’t figure out what the problem was. I now know however, that networking wireless and wired Windows computers together is the least fun thing on my list of technological horror. AND I have to go back and figure it out on Saturday if I can. My PowerBook read the network right away.

This is a pretty nice little computer and the price isn’t TOO bad until you get the add-ons like a DVD-R. What’s a Radeon 9200? 32 or 64 mb?

Well, I have a 9800, and its 256 MB (xt model) meaning that normal 9800s are 128 mb… I’m leaning towards 64 MB, but don’t hold me to that.

This is like, apple’s answer to shuttle. Except i’d rather have a shuttle. And god apple, retire the G4 already.

Shuttle is twice as large and twice as noisy though. The only equivalent in i386 is VIA’s Nano-ITX and that’s 1GHz. And besides, Nano-ITX can’t run MacOSX or iLife.

You could play UnrealTournament and Quake; and with a bit of work getting Cedega to work on Darwin, just about anything.