Two questions...

OK, I finally got through registration to ask these burning questions about Romancing SaGa 3. I’ve been playing this for quite awhile as Julian, and so far I have killed the guardians Arakes and Byunei. Now then, 2 things I can’t find on any walkthrough…

1. Will Loanne ever appear on the map? I was at Mikhail’s castle at the beginning and I never saw the place again after I left with Monica.

2. How do I win this business game? The “Julian Company” now has assets in 12 cities and is at 18 on the top 20…is there a point to this?

1. Since you’ve already defeated Byunei, no, Loanne won’t reappear on the map. It does when you seal the Abyss Gate so you can get Mikhail’s help if you want.

2. You have to complete all 3 phases of the business game. The first two business game missions can be beaten without sealing an Abyss Gate. After you seal an Abyss Gate, you can finish the minigame by buying out Ishmail Jewelry in the Divine Tower. If you’ve already done the Divine Tower quest though, you’re out of luck- you can’t finish it since the guy you’re supposed to talk to won’t bring up the business menu anymore.

I think you need to beat one of the Abyss Guardians first. As for the question I don’t know. FAQs at Gamefaqs can give more detail to both.

Edit: I see a better answer was given.

Winning the third business game isn’t quite as simple as buying out Ismail Jewelry (sp?). You have to smash the Abyss Ring, which probably means buying out everything. It just so happens that in order to cripple the Dophmore Company in the second game the best tactic is to buy almost everything, meaning you tend to buy up the Abyss Ring before it even forms. But it is possible to smash Dophmore without buying the company itself, thus you aren’t necessarily only going after Ismail Jewelry in the third round.

Yes, I realize this is all semantic nonsense for the most part. But I’m the kind of person who needs to point these things out.

I’ll have to remember this the next time I play through the game; I just quit being a merchant since the purchase agent at the Divine Tower only offers to sell me a robe and I can’t do any business there anymore. So I can’t buy Ismail Jewelry.