Tron

I saw the movie for the first time last summer. Are you serious when you say it’s a weird movie? It seems so laid out for me. Nothing too strange about it. You want weird? Go search some more. I personally felt a movie about a guy being trapped in a video game could have been a lot more abstract so it let me down. Go figure.

GSG would do very poorly if placed in the Shaft theme. “Who’s the private dick that’s a sex machine with all the chicks?” “I don’t know, Eddie Murphy or Barack Obama?”

No, that is most certainly not Right On.

eXistenZ is a real video game movie.

I don’t think they all look the same, I just put them in a few categories. There are Eddie Murphs, Martin Lawrences, Ice Teas, Cedric the Entertainers, and one or two Morgan Freemans. I don’t want to make kid categories because i don’t know any famous black kids.

EDIT: Oh yea, and Samuel L. Jacksons.

EDIT EDIT: How could I forget?! Woopie Golbergs, Tira Banks, and of course Maydays.

While I’m used to forum threads shifting focus in interesting ways, something about how this went from Tron to “what constitutes racism” I find particularly interesting.

I’m impressed that previous posters know that well N. America’s black community, especially the hard numbers earned by serious and long-standing research :expressionless:

GSG, in order to help you understand the international part of rpgc using the same strategy consider a mix of Alexander Payne and Nia Vardalos for Greece (that’s me), Ingrid Bergman and Max von Sydow for our Swedish friends, Apocalyptica and Lordi for Finland, Erik the Red, Hellhammer and Anja Garbarek for Norway, Celine Dion for Canada, Hugh Laurie and that smug guy in Britain’s Got Talent for the UK and the sensuous mix of Maradona/Gardel that is our Argentinian population.

edit: You’ve probably seen the Ukrainian future girlfriends of Seifer, so that’s that.

I’d like to see Tron.

Goddammit Rig you’re such a racist. How dare you leave out the Irish?

The Irish can’t control their hunger for potatoes, which is why I have this avatar! YOU WILL NOW DO MY BIDDING… ESPECIALLY IF I MAKE BOOZE FROM THEM!

Ingrid Bergman, DAAAaaM!

Silly Cavelcade, the irish don;t count as people! In fact, I think they barely qualify as farm equipment.

Yeah. Now that’s a true video game movie. What a good film.

Yes, a birthday is a special occasion. Something like that.

“We want the special.”

“The special is for special occasions. I cannot give you the special.”

“But this is a special occasion. It’s her birthday.”

“A birthday is a special occasion. I will therefore bring the special for everybody.”

:slight_smile:

GSG, you really need to cut it out with the racist language.

What are you talking about, Cav? See Val’s post for proof that I mentioned them.

Banville has two new books out and I can’t read either right now, so I’m collectively blacklisting the Irish.

not any more proof there, Rig. Sorry.

AHEM

I think that explains it perfectly.

I luckily saved the original before the edit.

Okay, switching the discussion: Should the irish be counted more as farm equipment, or farm animals? On the one hand, they eat lots of potatoes, which indicates some sort of omnivorous animal like a goat. On the other hand, they run on alcohol, which points more towards them being some sort of machine. What are your thoughts?