Trolling (Wouldn't hurt to read this either)

Here’s a question to answer your question, X…what is Rast’s title here? that will explain everything, just like the spoon, baby.

It wasn’t nitpicky - I’m tired of people telling me that nobody forces me to read a thread. I have to read a thread to fully know what its about. Sure, sometimes from the topic it can be inferred. Sometimes. Sure, nobody is forcing me to post in it, but then again, I took the time to read it, so why shouldn’t I post in it? Because I’m going to say something negative? Not everything has to be all lovey dovey and flowery. I’ve got a simple formula to posting : I think of my point, then I post it and surround it with all the shit I fluff it up with - thats what everybody does, I just do it my way.

Sure, I should probably use more tact and a bit more civil discourse, but then again, my version of civil discourse is telling it like it is, and not flat out flaming somebody.

Uriel, X’s point is that even though Rast is the founder of RPGC, doesn’t mean he’s above the law. Personally, I found Rast’s post to be tactful, but slightly unneccessary, and a bit over the top.

Admins and mods HAVE to read threads. Visitors don’t. That’s the dif.

I believe your point is still nitpicky, because my wording was a you-know-what-I-mean thing. To clarify, “No one forces you to post in a thread.” If you wanna post in it, go ahead and do so. If you wanna say something negative, go ahead and do so. You’re not exactly an offender I had in mind, and I personally can’t recall a time when you’ve trolled, though maybe you have.

I don’t care if you say somehting negative, or anyone for that matter. That’s not what this is about. This is about going in and saying shit without contributing anything to the thread. And well, even if you do, it’s still just plain rude to say

"Man, this thread sucks and you’re a fucking loser.

…by the way, I think that…"

You know? I’m not trying to say “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all,” but at least be more civil about it. And also Sorcerer, telling it like it is is close enough to civil discourse anyways, so you’re doing fine. :stuck_out_tongue: Outright flaming someone, I would hesistate to call that very civil at all :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s funny. When I read that thread, I just sort of ignored it and forgot about it. Would have forgotten about it forever, if it weren’t for this thread. Which I will now ignore and forget.