Trials and Tribulations at the Last Chance Dance.

This is kind of long, I just copied and pasted it from my most recent Live Journal entry.

Today our school had it’s last dance of the year save the prom. Some genius decided to call it the “Last Chance Dance” I don’t care mush for the title but that’s not important. But I figure that since this is the last dance of my high school carreer that I’ll be a good sport and go to it. So I take a shower, comb out my long hair all nice and neat and I put on a long sleeved black shirt. I put on this long sleeve shirt because I have some really disgusting looking poison ivy rash on my arms. Now to every dance I go to, I also bring a deck of cards for my own amusment, (I hate dancing), but it’s also a good icebreaker and a good way to meet people. Well this dance didn’t go as I really wanted it to.

So let’s begin. After about a half an hour of milling around and talking to the people I knew I went to a hallway outside the gym and started playing some solitaire. It never fails, once you start playing solitaire someone will come over and ask you if you are playing solitare and ask to play something else. So of course I say sure to the guy who asked me. All of a sudden all of his friends come over to play. So I’m like, “OK lots of people we should get some good games through here.” Now I asked what everyone wanted to play and they said “BS”. I said “Bullshit?” and they all flinched at that and accused me of strong language. Uh oh. Also during this time they all made introductions, (there were about 6 in all) and they all wanted to shake my hand. Now is this stereotypical of me? But when I heard all of their voices I realized that they were all very GAY. My first though: “Oh shit, I just managed to attract every single gay person in this school.” With one of the introductions, one of the guys sat with his legs wide open, stratched his balls and then shook my hand.

Now, I’m not homophobic per sey. And I’m a definite supporter of gay rights, (or anyone’s rights for that matter), but… this scared me. I had just been ganged up on 6 gay guys, (mostly freshmen by my estimate) and they all liked me. Now, am I allowed to say, “Uhh… hey guys? I’m straight.” Now that sounds really rude of me. What if they are all this friendly (?) to everyone they meet. I would find that rather insulting if a guy tried to protect himself without being attacked. Of course I didn’t say that, I just put on my best poker face ever and played a game of “BS”. Now after the game was finshed they all got up to go dance. Upon leaving they all shook my hand again with the weakest grips I had ever seen. One person barely grasped my hand. So I sit down to play cards again because some of my friends wanted to play. But five minutes later they gay parade came out and wanted a rematch. I’m polite and they weren’t mean or anything I was just a little (lot) uncomfortable. But now as we are playing, they all start teasing each other and subtly hit on me. As I started to panic, (but maintaining my poker face), I went through my options and decided to leave the dance early when they went to dance again.

Now again, I’m not scared of gay people unless they try to go for me. Now these guys had obviously not known me, but I just felt that the most polite way to drop the whole thing was to get out of the dance quickly and quietly. So, I’m sorry gay people, no hard feelings but I’m ont available.

Yea, you can say no to a gay guy just as you can say no to a straight girl.

Shouldn’t be anymore rude than it is eitherway.

That sounds REALLY scary. O_O

I’d also be scared if it was straight women, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why’d you panic? So a bunch of gay guys talked with you; big deal. You should have grabbed yourself a woman, given them a naughty wink, and proceeded to woo her.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
Why’d you panic? So a bunch of gay guys talked with you; big deal. You should have grabbed yourself a woman, given them a naughty wink, and proceeded to woo her.

Well, I don’t really have the balls to pick up someone off her feet like that. And I’m not what “high school girls” look for. My mom has apologized to me on behalf of high school girls saying that they (including her at the time) are all dopes.

Ahh it’s no biggie. Just like Sorc said, you can tell them no or whatever else you feel like. Hell you could’ve just said “Look I’m not comfortable, could we talk about something else?” or whatever else you felt like saying.

Wheee. Much fun. shakes head and laughs

Random spazziness by yours truly over there.

well, not that im the type, but if i were the type, and you just said “hey im straight, guys” without anything happening, i would probably punch you in the face atleast once. now, after they start hitting on you and scratching themselves before shaking your hand, you can either punch them in the face, or laugh and/or maintain your straightness, or play along with it if you think they are kidding too.

yeah thats pretty creepy though -_-;;

p.s. and what the fuck have you got against zhang he darkil?!!?!

Wait, why would you punch him in the face for telling you he’s straight? That doesn’t make much sense man.

because if someone or people just start talking to you, and you percieve that they are gay for their gay voices and weak handshakes, and automatically assume that they want to get in your pants, that is stupid.

Well what if they really were trying to get in his pants eh? Ever think of that? I didn’t think so!

dude, read the end of my other post:

"after they start hitting on you and scratching themselves before shaking your hand, you can either punch them in the face, or laugh and/or maintain your straightness, or play along with it if you think they are kidding too. "