ヘッォ!

Yeah! Yesterday I discovered how I can write japanese on my computer!

カニス

That’s my name! Isn’t that awesome!

No, it isn’t.

are you sure thats japenese?? :moogle:

wow, your name is block block block? my name in japanese is block block block block block block block block, isnt that awsome? hey, my name in hebrew is block, lol, how awsome!

Psst… not all of us have Japenese fonts…

That’s pretty cool! Where did you learn?

If you can’t read it, your computer most likely hasn’t installed Japanese.

Where can I get a Japenese font? To save me actually looking.

??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? !!!

devilion

we dont have stupid question font. :moogle:

I have known this for years.

Open M$ Word, then go on the Insert menu. Choose “symbol”. Then choose “Arial Unicode MS” for a font. Now, on the subgroup, you may pick hiragana or katakana as you like. The Kanjis are in a subgroup called “ideograms of CJK compatibility” or something like that, I dunno how it will show in English.

So, my name is Renan, converting romaji to hiragana will give: れなん

edit: since Renan is not native from Japan, it would be more correct to use katakana to write it. Renan then writes like this: レナン

I like katakana way better than hiragana, it’s easier for me to recognize the characters.

Edit: My nick, which is short for my name, means gathering or group of people. Bah… I wish it would mean something like ‘wind’ or ‘smart’.

Or something cool like mine which means Ashtree. Isn’t that a Riot?

ばか。

Damn you windows and your lack of automatic language support!

I mean setriously, how hard would it be for them to do that?

Uh, you can choose wether to install support for Asian languages or not when you install Windows :stuck_out_tongue:

Not good enough.

If your’ve got '98 (I don’t know about 95 or Nt) or later and IE6 or later (I’ve got IE6 and '98) use Windows Update and download 2 IE patches, one to read and the other to write Japanise in IE and Outlook Epress. I did this several Months ago.

for XP, I know you need installtion Disks, and it’s then Built in.

WindyTWIT (Nick: Wind = kaze) (WindyTWIT is my other Alias).
For Non Windows systems ask someone else.

Addtion: (After reading Ren Post again)
ミケ (My real Name, I think)

??? ? ? ??? ? ? ??? ??? ? ???. ???, ??? ?? ?? ??? ?; !!! ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ? ??? ?? ?!! ???, ???.

am i right? haha.

Well, it shows up for me.

I d/led it when it prompted me too (when I visited megatokyo)

ばか。

not very nice of you Klez Alvein!

bignutter: i guess your name is mike then, but as much as i know it’s not written ミケ but マイケ.

Charlemagne ブロック ブロック ブロック…