~2010

With today being the Eve of the New Year, use this thread for at least least on of the following:

• Do you have any New Year Resolution(s)? Any reasons why/ why not?
  • Any plans or traditions to bring in the New Year? Report tommorrow on how it went!
  • Favorite thing about the past year or decade? Least Favorite thing? Why?
  • Most memorable thing of the past year or decade? Something you think no one else remembers?
  • Anything else you might think of.

I am personally wondering where the ten billion people in 2010 Bad Religion promised are.

I think all the questions you asked are a bit personal and I urge everyone not to answer.

I thought the decade ended on December 31, 2010? :thinking:

Anyway:
-Not exactly a resolution, but I’m going to Engineering College next year. Yes, boys and girls, Old Man Wil is going Back To School! (wasn’t that a movie? :stuck_out_tongue: )

-I decided to stay home (with my cat) mostly cuz I’m too tired to party. I’ll take tomorrow to visit my family, tho.

-Favorite: Getting access to The Net. It opened the World to me. Least favorite: DC Comics’ new editorial direction (basically, “kill characters often and in gory ways”.) I still refuse to buy any of their titles, for fear that any series I follow will bring out nasty surprises. (It doesn’t look like things will improve soon either… :frowning: )

-Most memorable thing of the decade? 9/11, of course. Something no one remembers: Anime has become so commonplace people forget it was once almost impossible to get it on the air on this side of the world.

-Can’t think of anything else.

When dealing with stuff like millennium or century, you’re right. It doesn’t end until dates such as December 31, 2000. However, for some reason, when speaking of decades, it doesn’t hold. Probably because we colloquially refer to them as the 80s, 90s, Aughts, or whatever. When doing it that way, it would seem weird to talk about the 90s which would then exclude 1990 but include 2000 in the term. Blame the Catholics.

Well it’s new years here,not doing anything special,just making my little bro go to sleep,since he’s scared of the fireworks.

No big resolution so far,just keep losing weight and find a job for at least a while.Not really a very good decade for me,having to go to court for territorial right’s,getting backstabed by people my granpa considered friends,getting delayed in my studies.I just hope to start anew this year and solve all of this problems.

Not exactly a resolution, but I’m going to Engineering College next year. Yes, boys and girls, Old Man Wil is going Back To School! (wasn’t that a movie? :stuck_out_tongue: )

Really Will? are you thinking of UPRM since is the closest to Cabo Rojo?

2010: when I get my PhD, my studies are published and my patent is finalized.

No, I’m going to San Juan. Two of my best buddies are currently driving there twice a week to finish their degrees. I decided to join them.

2010: when I get my PhD, my studies are published and my patent is finalized.

What patent? Your cancer research?

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!!!

I resolve to make at least 5 new friends, complete my compulsory studies and get that training nailed. All well within the limits of human performance.

I’m just hanging out with my family for New Years Eve. My dad made roast goose. Tomorrow we’re all going to some family members house to eat cabbage and black eyed peas.

Meeting my closest friends has been most memorable for me personally.

I resolve to get my wisdom teeth pulled sometime this decade (preferably while I still have insurance).

I resolve to finally get an actual job, one that pays more than minimum wage and I can actually be semi-proud to work for. From there, I can actually start building my own life, rather than remain a pathetic sack that wastes time on the Internet. Oh, and maybe get laid in the process.

Drink more
Fuck more
Read more
Write more
Exercise more

Sleep less
Eat less
Feel less
Post less

Go back to school and get a degree, diploma, whatever you want to call a piece of paper that means little but an education and certification that qualifies me to perform a task that is less than menial and trained in a week.

Beside that, no plans or resolutions.

In before someone says, “In before Hades:” 2010 is overrated. :expressionless:

Happy new year guys and gals. edit: Especially to you, GAPpy grouch.

It’s a bit before the crack of dawn and someone has turned on the tv and I think it’s a bit weird that a local channel is broadcasting coverage from the change of the year from Times Square. Then I remember the time difference and realise the channel is CNN. Oops. Then the sun rose and I went to bed.

My resolution is to be 100% improved*. Nothing less will please my personal marketing dept. I may also tackle French this decade.

*possibly with a series of new flavors.

No, I’m going to San Juan. Two of my best buddies are currently driving there twice a week to finish their degrees. I decided to join them.

Whew,I’m glad for you,the education level and professors in the UPRM is really crap this past few years,and a few of my friends are really happy in San Juan right now so good for you.

Gonna work on plans to move to Europe, continue my studies in the theatre arts and become a scholar of dramatic literature, focusing mainly on the Mystery and morality plays of the Dark Ages. At least that way, my theatre arts degree will be useful for something other than wiping up tables with.

Batteries not included.

I can sell you the extended warranty if you’re interested though.