???

Wow. That was really elitist. I feel like a dick, reading that a second time. Sorry. I’ll read it.

Oh man, that thread was so awesome. Thank you OFX, for remembering it to me.

Also: Crotanks, you’re an evil, evil man who corrupts the innocent! (I lol’d)

For some reason people have always assosciated this site with the Forum-Role-Playing genre when really that was never, ever its purpose. Not at all; in fact the purpose of the RPGC forums has never been clearly defined. From it’s conception it has always been a cornocopia of topicality, from music to cinema to video games to… well, whatever. I would dare say that a majority of the populous here in fact despises the Role Playing scenarios that grace us so often. I myself make fun of those kids in the quad that shoot firebolts at each other with such zeal, and I imagine most of us do.

LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLT!

I really should find that video again. Good times.

Sorcerer: As a table top roleplayer, LARPers (live action roleplayers, as you describe) are never accorded the same amount of respect as we get (mainly because they flail around with foam swords or play rock paper scissors with vampires, or whatever). I did a Vampire: the Masquerade LARP once. It had the weirdest people, man. Weirdest. There was like… a 5000 lb. man who ALREADY GRADUATED COLLEGE, and looked at all the freshman girls skeevily. I didn’t stay long.

Although, GAP, playing rock-paper-scissors with a real vampire would be pretty great.
“I threw rock, dude. You were scissors, I win.”
“No, I threw ‘I’m a motherfucking vampire.’ I win.”

Roun: And thats exactly why they get laughed at. Sad that the creepy few ruin it for the not-quite-as-creepy rest of you (them?), but they’re all still strange anyway. Dare I say that the geekiest kids I’ve ever seen were LARPing.

World RPS society Tickets on sale now.

There really is no accounting for taste.

A friend of mine who is into LARP’ing once did it in one of the most crowded streets of the city, and the one I live in is big in the tourism biz. Some tourists thought the players were some sort of street actors and wanted to give them some money.

thas’t happened to em when I paly guitar.